    OS Microsoft Window XP Professional

    Dell Wireless 1450,WLAN USB 2.0 DT Adapter

    I need Step-by-Step procedure
    =?Utf-8?B?RVJQ?=, Apr 6, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RVJQ?=

    Lem Guest

    Lem, Apr 6, 2006

  3. 1, Go to one computer click on VIEW WIRELESS NETWORKS
    2, Click CHANGE ADVANCED SETTINGS
    3, Click on the WIRLESS NETWORKS tab
    4, Click the ADD button
    5, Type a network name like DELL OPTIPLEX or something like that
    6, Have network authentication OPEN
    7, Have data encryption DISABLED
    8, Put a check mark in the THIS IS A COMPUTER-TO-COMPUTER (AD HOC)
    NETWORK; WIRELESS ACCESS POINTS ARE NOT USED
    9, Click okay
    10, The computer should start acquiring a network address, if not open view
    wireless networks and click refresh it will show the network that you made.
    Now click connect(connect button is located at the lower right side of the
    window).
    11. Once the computer is done acquiring the network address and is
    connected, go to the second computer and open VIEW AVAILABLE WIRELESS
    NETOWORKS on the list of wireless networks click refresh and it should bring
    up the wireless network that you created, click connect.
    12, Once both computers are connected try to ping each other.
    13, Any questions please e-mail me at

    =?Utf-8?B?RWxpamFo?=, Jun 29, 2006