    Vista pcs. I think I've set up correctly, but I cannot seem to find the
    shared files. Where should I be looking, in explorer ? or elsewhere ?

    Thanks

    KRK, Feb 2, 2009

  2. KRK

    James Egan Guest

    On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 12:29:22 -0000, "KRK"
    <> wrote:

    >I have set up an ad-hoc computer-computer wireless network between my 2
    >Vista pcs. I think I've set up correctly, but I cannot seem to find the
    >shared files. Where should I be looking, in explorer ? or elsewhere ?

    Go into windows explorer and from the tools menu map a network drive
    to \\computername\sharename (where you shared the files).

    Jim.
    James Egan, Feb 2, 2009

  3. Hi
    If indeed you have an established connection you have also to set the File
    and printer sharing.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 2, 2009
  4. Hi
    When you change network component the whole system might experience changes.
    As an example the IP scheme of the new Router might use a different IP
    numbers while part of the system is still set with the original number.
    Use static IP (or DHCP reservation if the Router supports it,
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#2nics ) for the computer to be on RDT to make sure
    that the ports are always directed toward its IP.
    So the "Trick" is to start one step at the time.
    First disable temporarily the Wireless security and establish a local RDT
    between two LAN computers.
    When it works locally you can switch back the Wireless security and then
    configure the system for through the Internet.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 2, 2009
  5. Hi
    Sorry ignore the second post it meant for another thread.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 2, 2009