    Secondly if files can be shared why can't the client connect to the
    internet. The Host computer has ICS abled.
    Thanks

    Newsgroups, Nov 20, 2004

  2. Newsgroups

    Newsgroups Guest

    Forgot to say Firewall Disabled
    Ta

    Newsgroups, Nov 20, 2004

  3. Newsgroups

    Chuck Guest

    On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 13:11:01 -0000, "Newsgroups" <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >Got 2 laptops configured wireless network by Ad-Hoc.
    >Both have D-link DWL G650. Host Win xp Client Win k
    >At first worked fine for a couple of weeks. Then did a Windows XP sp2 Update
    >on host and now lost interenet connection on client laptop. Although can
    >find each other and share files.
    >The odd thing is that on the task bar on both laptops, the signal icon has
    >all it's bars green. But when you open to view the link info, the link
    >Quality/signal Strength is grey (should be red/orange),
    >The status has each others mac addresses and correct SSID names.
    >Weird or what?
    >So first does anyone know why that is?
    >Secondly if files can be shared why can't the client connect to the
    >internet. The Host computer has ICS abled.
    >Thanks

    J,

    Do you mean to say the host has ICS ENabled?

    If so, provide ipconfig information for each computer (with the client connected
    etc), so we can see what might be the problem.
    Start - Run - "cmd". Type "ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt" into the command
    window - Open c:\ipconfig.txt in Notepad, make sure that Format - Word Wrap is
    NOT checked!, copy and paste entire contents into your next post. Identify
    operating system (by name, version, and SP level) with each ipconfig listing.

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck

    Chuck, Nov 20, 2004