    may be cheap, but no worth the hassle.

    Not i just need to get file and print sharing to work, i hope that doesn't
    take three months!

    Veritech, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Veritech

    hans Guest

    Veritech wrote:

    > After three months of trying to get my pc and my laptop to share my cable
    > connection, ad-hoc style, i gave up and bought a wireless router( linksys,
    > Wifi B broadband router, £36 on amazon). ten minutes later after it was out
    > of the box my laptop was online, twenty mins later the pc was too. Ad-hoc
    > may be cheap, but no worth the hassle.
    >
    > Not i just need to get file and print sharing to work, i hope that doesn't
    > take three months!

    Same here
    2 months at least
    I succeeded it worked once or twice with a lot of work.

    I gave up when I read somewhere that the manufacturers
    had not paid much attention to peer-to-peer.
    Simply the standards do not match. Support is missing.

    I bought an SMC, it worked in 10 seconds.
    Still peer-to-peer is interesting, because you can bypass
    the AP.
    Problaby they don't bother fearing for blue tooth.

    regards
    hans

    hans, Nov 11, 2004