    the range of the signal and I would be able to connect to the internet
    anywhere in my home.

    Any help would be appreciated!
    jbaum75, Jun 18, 2009

  2. Hi
    You can receive the signal with a wireless adapter, and plug an Access Point
    to a wire network card on the same computer.
    The Card with the Access Point has to be bridged to the Wireless card.
    Here are variety of ideas, pick the one that suits you best.
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging.html
    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jun 19, 2009

  3. jbaum75

    jbaum75 Guest

    Well...I guess I misspoke. I am attempting to do this with two wireless
    adapters on one single computer. One adapter to connect to the internet and
    the other to allow other computers to connect to the internet through. I
    have added a network to one of adapters and shared the other adpter but the
    network that I added is not available in the list of availale networks on the
    other computers in the house.

    jbaum75, Jun 20, 2009
  4. Hi
    To have a stable secure Network under such situation you Need a Router set
    as Repeater that can receive the signal and carry it further.
    Otherwise you can try this,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/setup/adhoc.mspx
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jun 20, 2009