    infrastructure mode. Is there any other way to switch modes on the card?
    Would Windows give any control, or is there any switch on the card to
    control it?
    Robert Wood, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Hi
    I am not familiar with your specific card. In some cards you can choose
    Ad-Hoc mode by logging to the Card's Properties. Control Panel / Network
    Connection / Right click on the connection properties/ click on the
    Configure Button next to the Card Name and look at the tabs,
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/XP_Net_properties.jpg
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 8, 2006

  3. "Robert Wood" wrote:
    > Am attempting to set up a peer-to-peer network on two PC's. Purchased two
    > identical wireless cards: Encore Electronics ENLWI-G 802.11g. Product
    > literature claimed ad-hoc mode available. I have so far installed a card in
    > one computer. The utility program included does not give me configuration
    > access like the instructions said it would. It shows it to be running in
    > infrastructure mode. Is there any other way to switch modes on the card?
    > Would Windows give any control, or is there any switch on the card to
    > control it?

    So, the manufacturer's documentation does not match
    the actual software. Call them and request update...
    ( there is no swich on the card )

    --PA
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF2ZWwgQS4=?=, Aug 8, 2006
  4. Robert Wood

    AJR Guest

    This is a guess (not necessarily educated) - you state " have so far
    installed a card in one computer." Infrastructure mode refers to an access
    point network.

    You may get an ad-hoc option by installing the other card?

    AJR, Aug 8, 2006