    settings as for the XP - same fixed IPs, same WEP, ssid, etc. Could that be
    the source of the problem? Should I use different settings on the win98?
    Thanks.
    steve, Aug 24, 2005

  2. steve

    David {MVP} Guest

    This sounds like a driver problem to me under Windows 98, are you using
    windows 98 second edition on both machines? I would suggest uninstalling the
    drivers under windows 98, and then powering down your machines, then
    restart, and power down once again. Then try to reinstall the drivers and be
    sure that the drivers you are installing are for windows 98. You might want
    to look at the machine with the USB wireless adapter first, my guess is that
    it may be a combination of Windows 98 and USB hardware that is causing the
    problems. Some old windows 98 software did a poor job at supporting USB
    adapters.

    --
    David {MVP}
    Microsoft Mobile Devices

    benefit of all of us...
    The MARA Program - http://www.mobileav.org/index.html

    rights...

    Spelling and grammar errors left in for those that need a little joy in
    their life by correcting me.

    David {MVP}, Aug 25, 2005