    will not go away.

    Any thoughts please.

    Slaphappy

    slaphappy, Oct 14, 2003

  2. slaphappy

    Stevo Guest

    slaphappy wrote:
    > Win ME
    >
    > Often when I run Ad-Aware, at almost the same point in the scan each
    > time (shared DLL's), my computer will go to the BSD or just simply
    > reboot. Sometimes during these reboots the system goes into scandisk
    > and then I will see that config files are being updated.
    > Infrequently, the system will reboot in safe mode. Then, I am always
    > able to rerun Ad-Aware successfully and each time it then finds an
    > instance of Data Miner, specifically, \cookies\. Is
    > this a coincidence or is Data Miner somehow responsible for these
    > problems?
    >
    > Is Data Miner unkillable? Does it replicate with files hidden on my
    > computer? I use both Ad-Aware and Spywareblaster and Data Miner simply
    > will not go away.
    >
    > Any thoughts please.
    >
    > Slaphappy

    Data Miner is the type of 'threat' that AdAware has identified in the
    subject - which is the cookie concerned. That cookie is coming from a site
    you are visiting probably.. you might need to adjust your cookie settings
    so as to block that one.

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Stevo, Oct 14, 2003

  3. slaphappy

    slaphappy Guest

    Stevo wrote:

    > slaphappy wrote:
    > > Win ME
    > >
    > > Often when I run Ad-Aware, at almost the same point in the scan each
    > > time (shared DLL's), my computer will go to the BSD or just simply
    > > reboot. Sometimes during these reboots the system goes into scandisk
    > > and then I will see that config files are being updated.
    > > Infrequently, the system will reboot in safe mode. Then, I am always
    > > able to rerun Ad-Aware successfully and each time it then finds an
    > > instance of Data Miner, specifically, \cookies\. Is
    > > this a coincidence or is Data Miner somehow responsible for these
    > > problems?
    > >
    > > Is Data Miner unkillable? Does it replicate with files hidden on my
    > > computer? I use both Ad-Aware and Spywareblaster and Data Miner simply
    > > will not go away.
    > >
    > > Any thoughts please.
    > >
    > > Slaphappy

    > Data Miner is the type of 'threat' that AdAware has identified in the
    > subject - which is the cookie concerned. That cookie is coming from a site
    > you are visiting probably.. you might need to adjust your cookie settings
    > so as to block that one.
    >
    > --
    > Stevo
    > (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    Thank you very much. Makes perfect sense. Sons and there music sites. I use NS
    4.8. Is there a way to block one specific cookie in 4.8?

    slaphappy, Oct 14, 2003
  4. slaphappy

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Are you using version 1.81 of Ad-Aware?

    pcbutts1, Oct 14, 2003
  5. slaphappy

    Stevo Guest

    slaphappy wrote:
    > Stevo wrote:
    >
    >> slaphappy wrote:
    >>> Win ME
    >>>
    >>> Often when I run Ad-Aware, at almost the same point in the scan each
    >>> time (shared DLL's), my computer will go to the BSD or just simply
    >>> reboot. Sometimes during these reboots the system goes into scandisk
    >>> and then I will see that config files are being updated.
    >>> Infrequently, the system will reboot in safe mode. Then, I am always
    >>> able to rerun Ad-Aware successfully and each time it then finds an
    >>> instance of Data Miner, specifically, \cookies\. Is
    >>> this a coincidence or is Data Miner somehow responsible for these
    >>> problems?
    >>>
    >>> Is Data Miner unkillable? Does it replicate with files hidden on my
    >>> computer? I use both Ad-Aware and Spywareblaster and Data Miner
    >>> simply will not go away.
    >>>
    >>> Any thoughts please.
    >>>
    >>> Slaphappy

    >> Data Miner is the type of 'threat' that AdAware has identified in the
    >> subject - which is the cookie concerned. That cookie is coming from
    >> a site you are visiting probably.. you might need to adjust your
    >> cookie settings so as to block that one.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Stevo
    >> (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)

    > Thank you very much. Makes perfect sense. Sons and there music sites.
    > I use NS
    > 4.8. Is there a way to block one specific cookie in 4.8?

    I don't know a lot about Netscape options, hopefully some other kind soul
    will wander in with some info for you..

    In the meantime, have a look in help or maybe try a cookie manager add on..
    some are listed here :

    http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/article/0,aid,44745,00.asp

    But there are lots available

    Stevo, Oct 14, 2003
  6. slaphappy

    TRADESMAN Guest

    slaphappy wrote:
    > Win ME
    >
    > Often when I run Ad-Aware, at almost the same point in the scan each
    > time (shared DLL's), my computer will go to the BSD or just simply
    > reboot. Sometimes during these reboots the system goes into scandisk
    > and then I will see that config files are being updated.
    > Infrequently, the system will reboot in safe mode. Then, I am always
    > able to rerun Ad-Aware successfully and each time it then finds an
    > instance of Data Miner, specifically, \cookies\. Is
    > this a coincidence or is Data Miner somehow responsible for these
    > problems?
    >
    > Is Data Miner unkillable? Does it replicate with files hidden on my
    > computer? I use both Ad-Aware and Spywareblaster and Data Miner simply
    > will not go away.
    >
    > Any thoughts please.
    >
    > Slaphappy

    Cookie Wall from AnalogX is excellent and it's free
    Never been troubled by Data Miner cookies since I installed it.

    TRADESMAN, Oct 15, 2003
  7. slaphappy

    slaphappy Guest

    pcbutts1 wrote:

    > Are you using version 1.81 of Ad-Aware?

    > "slaphappy" <> wrote in message
    > > Win ME
    > >
    > > Often when I run Ad-Aware, at almost the same point in the scan each
    > > time (shared DLL's), my computer will go to the BSD or just simply
    > > reboot. Sometimes during these reboots the system goes into scandisk and
    > > then I will see that config files are being updated. Infrequently, the
    > > system will reboot in safe mode. Then, I am always able to rerun
    > > Ad-Aware successfully and each time it then finds an instance of Data
    > > Miner, specifically, \cookies\. Is this a coincidence or
    > > is Data Miner somehow responsible for these problems?
    > >
    > > Is Data Miner unkillable? Does it replicate with files hidden on my
    > > computer? I use both Ad-Aware and Spywareblaster and Data Miner simply
    > > will not go away.
    > >
    > > Any thoughts please.
    > >
    > > Slaphappy

    Yes, 6.181

    slaphappy, Oct 15, 2003
  8. slaphappy

    Moke G Guest

    I recommend you download and install 'SpyBot' as well. Look up 'SpyBot'
    under Google and you'll find it there. It won't clash with either AdAware or
    SpyWareBlaster, but will complement it. It's also free with free updates as
    well.

    Moke G.

    Moke G, Oct 15, 2003