Ad-Aware update OR148 24.06.2003

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Brian H¹©

    bb3 Guest

    bb3, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003
  4. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    Thanks.

    NEW:
    MSConnect Malware
    Bay Technologies ltd Dialer
    TopPicks\IdiumSystems Updater
    Premium-Connect "Browser Update" (Dialer)
    "Clicker" hijacker
    Several tracking cookies

    UPDATED:
    NCase
    Whazit Toolbar
    Brilliant-Digital Projector
    FreeScratchCards
    MemoryMeter
    Adult-Chat (Dialer)
    NetPal
    PeopleOnPage(POP!)
    Purity-Scan
    ShopNav Hijacker
    BroadCast PC
    Favoriteman
    My-Way Speedbar.

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:41:52 +0100, in
    <NmLJa.2977$>
    Brian H¹© scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2003
  5. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... °Mike° said:

    > Thanks.

    You're welcome

    Brian H¹©, Jun 23, 2003
  6. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
    updated reference files on startup'.

    Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
    Just scan on demand.

    On 23 Jun 2003 23:07:36 GMT, in
    <>
    Haveajellybaby scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 24, 2003
  7. >Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
    >updated reference files on startup'.
    >
    >Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
    >Just scan on demand.
    >

    >On 23 Jun 2003 23:07:36 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Haveajellybaby scrawled:
    >
    >>Concerning this update:
    >>
    >>Is there a way to configure Ad-aware to search for updates as soon as you
    >>activate the program?
    >>
    >>I always get the two mixed up. I know you can't run more than one antivirus
    >>program at a time, but can you have more than one spyware protector running

    >at
    >>a time. And if not, which is the preferred to always be activated?

    >--
    >STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    >
    >Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT want to set them

    (ad-aware and other programs) to do this automatically? Just wondering why all
    the updates are announced on this newsgroup? Thanks

    Haveajellybaby, Jun 24, 2003
  8. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    On 24 Jun 2003 00:12:09 GMT, in
    <>
    Haveajellybaby scrawled:

    >>Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
    >>updated reference files on startup'.
    >>
    >>Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
    >>Just scan on demand.

    <snip>

    >>Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT

    >want to set them (ad-aware and other programs) to do this
    >automatically?

    Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.

    >Just wondering why all the updates are announced on this
    >newsgroup? Thanks

    So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 24, 2003
  9. Brian H¹©

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:30 +0100, °Mike° wrote:

    >On 24 Jun 2003 00:12:09 GMT, in
    > <>
    > Haveajellybaby scrawled:
    >
    >>>Settings / Tweak / Webupdate ... 'Automatically look for
    >>>updated reference files on startup'.
    >>>
    >>>Ad-aware and SpyBot do not run in the background.
    >>>Just scan on demand.

    ><snip>
    >
    >>>Great! Next question. Is there a reason why you would NOT

    >>want to set them (ad-aware and other programs) to do this
    >>automatically?

    >Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.

    I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....

    >>Just wondering why all the updates are announced on this
    >>newsgroup? Thanks

    >So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

    And thank you for doing so. :)

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, Jun 24, 2003
  10. Brian H¹©

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:25:53 -0500, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:22:30 +0100, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>On 24 Jun 2003 00:12:09 GMT, in
    >> <>
    >> Haveajellybaby scrawled:

    <snip>

    >>>want to set them (ad-aware and other programs) to do this
    >>>automatically?

    >>Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.

    >I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....

    Me either. If it doesn't have manual gears, it's time
    to change software.

    >>>Just wondering why all the updates are announced on this
    >>>newsgroup? Thanks

    >>So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

    >And thank you for doing so. :)

    YW. :)

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 24, 2003
  11. >>>Not really. It's a matter of personal preference.

    >>I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....

    >Me either. If it doesn't have manual gears, it's time
    >to change software.

    >>>So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

    >>And thank you for doing so. :)

    >YW. :)
    >
    >--
    >STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    Oh, ok, I just thought it might have to do with certain file types not being
    set to certain systems. Thanks. :) Didn't mean to say the other people who
    prefer chocolate over vanilla are wrong. ;)
    Haveajellybaby, Jun 24, 2003
  12. Brian H¹©

    Mara Guest

    On 24 Jun 2003 01:26:23 GMT, Boomer wrote:

    >Mara <> wrote in

    <snip>
    >> I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....

    ><AOL>Me too.</AOL>

    Yes. :)

    "Nothing in or out, hardware or software, without my express permission, every
    time."

    >>>So that others (who might not update regularly) are aware of them.

    >> And thank you for doing so. :)

    >Agreed. :)

    :)

    Mara, Jun 24, 2003
  13. Brian H¹©

    Buffalo Guest

    Buffalo, Jun 24, 2003
  14. Brian H¹©

    Slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:

    > Ad-Aware reflist update

    Strange, there wasn't one 10 mins before you posted this - beat me to it
    again...
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    Slumpy, Jun 24, 2003
  15. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Haveajellybaby said:

    >>> I don't want my system or software to do _anything_ on its own....

    >> Me either. If it doesn't have manual gears, it's time
    >> to change software.

    >>> And thank you for doing so. :)

    >> YW. :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    >>

    > Oh, ok, I just thought it might have to do with certain file types not being
    > set to certain systems. Thanks. :) Didn't mean to say the other people who
    > prefer chocolate over vanilla are wrong. ;)

    I like vanilla, but I prefer chocolate :)
    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  16. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Haveajellybaby said:

    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/aaw6.exe ver 6 build 162
    >> www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/reflist.ref OR148 24.06.2003
    >>

    > Do you have to download both or are you just giving an option between them?
    > This is one reason why I'd prefer to set it "automagically" to update for me.
    > Less to have to understand. ;)

    No you don't have to download both, I have a link to the main program for those
    who don't have the program at all.
    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  17. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Dan Edmonds said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Ad-Aware reflist update

    > Good on ya mate. Any idea why my Ad-Aware didn't pick up this update
    > on its own? I read your post, and checked for updates, but it told me
    > that 12.06.2003 was the latest. Bloody nuisance if I have to get them
    > all manually now.

    As a mirror site for ad-aware, I have a section dedicated to their products, but
    as there were occasions where it was problematic to download with the main
    program, I add a link to my copy.
    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  18. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Slumpy said:

    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Brian H¹© continued:
    >
    >> Ad-Aware reflist update

    > Strange, there wasn't one 10 mins before you posted this - beat me to it
    > again...

    I must have just caught it, as it wasn't there either when I tried a bit
    earlier. :)
    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  19. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Errrrr...erm... Buffalo said:

    > Thanks.
    > Do most of the readers here know that there are other important updated
    > files that they may want to get.
    > I am talking about the new 'aawhelper.dll' and the 'description.ini'
    > files.
    > Check here:
    > http://lavasoft.element5.com/support/download/

    Yes I forgot to add them to my list after OE messed up and wiped out my rules
    and sigs.

    other updated files at www.absey-vine.co.uk/ad-aware/
    Brian H¹©, Jun 24, 2003
  20. Brian H¹©

    Dan Edmonds Guest

    "Buffalo" <eric(nospam)@xyz.com> wrote in message news:<0jQJa.4386$Bg.3259@rwcrnsc54>...
    > Thanks.
    > Do most of the readers here know that there are other important updated
    > files that they may want to get.
    > I am talking about the new 'aawhelper.dll' and the 'description.ini'
    > files.
    > Check here:
    > http://lavasoft.element5.com/support/download/
    >
    > "Brian H¹©" > Ad-Aware reflist update

    Cheers mate. Pity no one can tell me why my auto-update thing ain't working, though.
    Dan Edmonds, Jun 24, 2003