    Do these essentially do the same job and so I need only one of them to get
    rid of pop-up adverts?

    Roman
    r_mervart, Aug 31, 2003

  2. r_mervart

    Soup Guest

    r_mervart wrote:
    > Do these essentially do the same job and so I need only one of them
    > to get rid of pop-up adverts?
    >
    > Roman

    None of these AFAIK actually deals with pop-ups, for that you would need
    popup stopper or somesuch (or a different browser) Ad-Aware ,Spybot e.t.c.
    Allow you to deal with adware /spyware.Each anti-adware/spyware picks up
    different things (very loosely put) so run two or three of them as
    required.Hard drives are relatively cheap these days so having these
    programmes installed causes zero probs.

    --
    yours S (addy' not usable[not that you would try it anyway])
    there wis a hare ran tae a burn it ran sae fast it couldnae turn
    Soup, Aug 31, 2003

  3. r_mervart

    Darkhorse Guest

    "r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    > Do these essentially do the same job and so I need only one of them to

    get
    > rid of pop-up adverts?
    >
    > Roman

    Use all three, they compliment each other.
    Darkhorse, Aug 31, 2003