Ad-Aware SE PLus vs Professional

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by John Gregory, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. John Gregory

    John Gregory Guest

    I've been using Ad-Aware SE for a about two years but after reading about
    their add-ins and the feature of scanning in real-time (Ad-Watch), I think I
    should upgrade. But I'm confused about the product distinctions. The
    benefits attributable to each that aren't shared by others seems to be as
    follows:

    Professional version:

    "Terminate running processes via the Process-Watch viewer"

    Ad-Aware SE Plus

    "Adding the background-running Ad-Watch real-time monitor to the
    free Personal edition, Ad-Aware SE Plus is now capable of not only scanning
    the system after the fact but also preventing infection before it happens."

    Q1) Is the "Process-watch" of the Professional version the same as
    Ad-Watch of SE Plus but with the added feature of being able to stop
    something in process?

    Q2) Although I wouldn't know what to stop at this point, if it's
    important and is described in the Professional instructions, I'll learn.
    Otherwise. do I really need Professional? Or rephrased. is there something
    else of significant benefit Professional provides?

    John Gregory, Apr 10, 2006

  2. John Gregory wrote:

    > Q1) Is the "Process-watch" of the Professional version the same as
    > Ad-Watch of SE Plus but with the added feature of being able to stop
    > something in process?

    It doesn't work anyway.

    > Q2) Although I wouldn't know what to stop at this point, if it's
    > important and is described in the Professional instructions, I'll learn.
    > Otherwise. do I really need Professional? Or rephrased. is there something
    > else of significant benefit Professional provides?

    No, as you simply don't need it as a security measure, yet is it a
    usable program.

    Sebastian Gottschalk, Apr 10, 2006