    Why, please?
    Thanks

    bye Adriano

    Adriano, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Adriano

    Thor Guest

    when you uninstall the program, make sure the original folder is gone
    completely. Perhaps the reference file isn't being removed when you
    uninstall. It may be corrupt. Also try downloading the latest reference file
    from Lavasoft and manually put the reference file in the folder, rather than
    allowing the Adaware program to download it.

    Thor, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Adriano

    mcp6453 Guest

    Adriano wrote:

    > Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
    > ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
    > I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
    > Why, please?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    We had this problem on a computer that was using the version you are
    using, which is outdated. We downloaded and installed the latest version
    and have had no further problems.

    mcp6453, Nov 2, 2004
  4. In article <> kadickless <> wrote:

    >Matt Pascoe wrote:
    >> Failing that, run a full virus scan and defragment, your files for
    >> Adaware may be lost amongst the fragments.

    >BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    >And yet again, I ask you, you are telling _me_ that for what reason exactly,
    >you fuckheaded, top-posting nincompoop?

    It is better to conceal one's knowledge than to reveal one's
    ignorance.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Hahahahahaha.....He has so much bile, he poisons his own, Lady C." --
    Hyerdahl1

    Lady Chatterly, Nov 2, 2004
  5. Adriano

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "Adriano" <> wrote in message
    > Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
    > ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
    > I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
    > Why, please?
    > Thanks
    >
    > bye Adriano

    It just happened to me! Go to their website and download the latest patch
    (it`s on the front page) then manually cut and paste it into one of the
    ad-aware folders. I forget which one but it will work.

    --
    IAN. P. GARDNER
    ISLE OF WIGHT

    IAN GARDNER, Nov 3, 2004
  6. Adriano

    IAN GARDNER Guest

    "IAN GARDNER" <> wrote in message

    > "Adriano" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello, when I open AD-Aware I always read an error:
    >> ERROR WHILE LOADING THE AD-AWARE REFERENCE FILE.
    >> I have unistalled it and installed again but I have the same error.
    >> Why, please?
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> bye Adriano

    > It just happened to me! Go to their website and download the latest patch
    > (it`s on the front page) then manually cut and paste it into one of the
    > ad-aware folders. I forget which one but it will work.

    I`ll answer my own post............

    Thankyou Ian. That really helped me. It worked like a treat!
    I hate replying to posts with an answer that would really help and the
    poster cannot even say `THANKYOU`! Looser.

    IAN GARDNER, Nov 15, 2004