Acura commercial music?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by sethra, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. sethra

    sethra Guest

    Hello,

    Shot in the dark here:

    Does anyone know who the muscial artist is in the Acura TL commercial
    with the CGI highway, bridge and offramp which materializes out of
    nothing a few scant feet in front of the vehicle?

    If it is some song they licensed from a musician (which I suspect it is)
    rather than some music written specifically for the commercial, I'd love
    to acquire an entire cd.

    So, anyone perchance know who it is, or if not, some likely sites to
    visit to discover this information (acura.com was a bust).

    TIA

    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Feb 3, 2004

  2. sethra wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Shot in the dark here:
    >
    > Does anyone know who the muscial artist is in the Acura TL commercial
    > with the CGI highway, bridge and offramp which materializes out of
    > nothing a few scant feet in front of the vehicle?
    >
    > If it is some song they licensed from a musician (which I suspect it is)
    > rather than some music written specifically for the commercial, I'd love
    > to acquire an entire cd.
    >
    > So, anyone perchance know who it is, or if not, some likely sites to
    > visit to discover this information (acura.com was a bust).
    >
    > TIA

    Evrybody's talkin at me / I don't hear a word they're sayin?
    Rent a copy of Midnight Cowboy.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    > sethra wrote:
    >

    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Shot in the dark here:
    >>
    >> Does anyone know who the muscial artist is in the Acura TL commercial
    >> with the CGI highway, bridge and offramp which materializes out of
    >> nothing a few scant feet in front of the vehicle?
    >>
    >> If it is some song they licensed from a musician (which I suspect it is)
    >> rather than some music written specifically for the commercial, I'd love
    >> to acquire an entire cd.
    >>
    >> So, anyone perchance know who it is, or if not, some likely sites to
    >> visit to discover this information (acura.com was a bust).
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    > Evrybody's talkin at me / I don't hear a word they're sayin?
    > Rent a copy of Midnight Cowboy.

    Ah: Gordon Lightfoot. Click.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Feb 3, 2004
  4. sethra

    Norm Guest

    Gary,

    There is this thing called Google....

    Look here

    http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=977

    Norm, Feb 3, 2004
  5. Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    > Gary G. Taylor wrote:

    >> Evrybody's talkin at me / I don't hear a word they're sayin?
    >> Rent a copy of Midnight Cowboy.

    > Ah: Gordon Lightfoot. Click.

    Not Harry Nilsson?

    --
    Blinky Linux RU 4892F
    Stolen SCO Code: http://snipurl.com/stolen

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 3, 2004
  6. sethra

    sethra Guest

    "Norm" <> wrote in news:aeVTb.11318$Bv6.3304261
    @news1.epix.net:

    > Gary,

    Not Gary, but the OP ;)

    > There is this thing called Google....
    >
    > Look here
    >
    > http://adtunes.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=977

    That's it.

    Too bad it's just and ad tune, not a "real" song.

    Thanks for the link -- that's what I wanted to know.

    Regards,
    --
    ~sethra

    sethra, Feb 4, 2004
  7. sethra

    Winthorpe

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    ACURA commercial music

    The backround music from the ACURA commercial is from the song "The Only Living Boy In New York" by Simon and Garfunkel. It's on the album Bridge Over Troubled Waters. The words you hear are "Here I am" (the only living boy in New York).

    Winthorpe, Mar 21, 2011
  8. sethra

    Winthorpe

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Compliments to Sethra for a great question

    Winthorpe, Mar 21, 2011
  9. sethra

    Winthorpe

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    The backround music from the ACURA commercial is from the song "The Only Living Boy In New York" by Simon and Garfunkel, from the album Bridge Over Troubled Waters. Opening lyrics are "Tom, get your plane right on time..." The words you hear are on the commercial are "Here I am" (the only living boy in New York). Good question.

    Winthorpe, Mar 21, 2011