ACTUAL TEST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS@|!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Brad Ball, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. Brad Ball

    Brad Ball Guest

    Brad Ball, Oct 9, 2006

  2. Brad Ball

    mbernal99 Guest

    Does he send them to you via email? He shows not shipping price.

    Marco
    mbernal99, Oct 10, 2006

  3. Brad Ball

    mbernal99 Guest

    Does he send them to you via email? He shows no shipping price.

    Marco
    mbernal99, Oct 10, 2006
  4. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    > Would this be something like a cheat sheet? tsk, tsk
    >
    > Yep, nothing like cheating your way into the IT industry - this is not a
    > good thing.

    The item says "Actual Questions" but in the description they claim they
    are not violating copyrights. So, which is it?
    JohnO, Oct 13, 2006
  5. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    JohnO wrote:

    > > Would this be something like a cheat sheet? tsk, tsk
    > >
    > > Yep, nothing like cheating your way into the IT industry - this is not a
    > > good thing.

    Heh, looks like CompTIA terminated those auctions. Good.

    -John O
    JohnO, Oct 13, 2006
  6. Brad Ball

    mbernal99 Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Would this be something like a cheat sheet? tsk, tsk
    > > >
    > > > Yep, nothing like cheating your way into the IT industry - this is not a
    > > > good thing.

    > Heh, looks like CompTIA terminated those auctions. Good.
    >
    > -John O

    I am glad I didn't order a copy, I didn't trust it.

    Marco
    mbernal99, Oct 17, 2006
  7. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    CertGuard wrote:
    > If anyone EVER has questions about the legitimacy of testing material,

    What does that mean, exactly?
    JohnO, Nov 6, 2006
  8. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    > > CertGuard wrote:
    > >> If anyone EVER has questions about the legitimacy of testing material,

    > > What does that mean, exactly?
    > >

    > "Do you not understand the words that are coming out of my mouph?" bad movie
    > quote, I know.

    I can think of at least three ways to intrepret your original
    statement, but your clarification below is helpful. :)

    > What I'm saying is that if you (or anyone) wants to know if the study
    > material you are planning to study with is LEGAL and not stolen material,
    > please go to CertGuard.com

    So, you are a "clearing house" for test questions? OK....How do you
    know if the questions are legal? Nobody has access to the real
    questions but CompTIA, and even there just a bare handful of people
    have access.

    Or, can you tell if someone stole the questions from my test prep?
    (That would be useful...)

    Reviewing your site, it looks like your company reviews test banks to
    compare them to banks from companies that CompTIA has shut down for
    copyright violations. True? How do I know you aren't just collecting
    questions and then selling them elsewhere?

    John O
    JohnO, Nov 10, 2006
  9. Brad Ball

    SBFan2000 Guest

    > Now I know you're a moron. Where do you come up with this crap? Where has
    it
    > EVER been posted, written, or stated, that CertGuard has anything to do

    with
    > Test Questions???
    >
    > Forget it. I hope everyone else reading this understands what I'm saying.
    > It's obvious that Mr. John O hasn't a clue, and I'm not in the mood to

    give
    > him any more.
    >

    > --
    > CertGuard
    > You Think you know IT?!
    > www.CertGuard.com/Forums/

    Always a great way to get people to visit your site. Call them names and
    treat them like shit! Even when the "customer" is wrong you should treat
    them with respect. your Professionalism is damaged when you lose your cool
    and resort to name calling!
    SBFan2000, Nov 27, 2006
  10. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    > Absolutely, even after I was nice enough to clarify something that a monkey
    > could have understood the first time, this moron kept insisting that I
    > provide braindumps.

    Where did I "insist" anything? I'm asking questions and you're getting
    all worked up, losing your composure, calling me names and comparing me
    to a monkey. I'm still willing to give you the benefit of the doubt,
    but I'm starting to get a strong feeing that you'll never answer simple
    questions directly. Anyway...

    Then you said:

    >I do not care about test questions. CertGuard does not, sell, provide, or
    >otherwise have access to any actual test questions.

    ???? How do you know if the material is stolen or illegal if you don't
    care about questions? What material are you reviewing then?

    And this stolen material...who is it stolen FROM, and how can you know?
    In other words, how can YOU verify that material is stolen from
    CompTIA's A+ exam? Or stolen from my test prep product?

    > CertGuard will not be made out to be a "clearing house" for test questions.
    > The idiot visited the site, and STILL didn't understand that CertGuard is
    > here to protect YOUR Certifications. THEN...he proceeded to make it sound
    > like *I'M* the one providing braindumps to everyone. Screw him.

    Maybe instead of getting all worked up you can just answer the
    questions. It's possible that I could be a potential customer of yours,
    but I honestly cannot tell from the site, but the site is quite
    different today than it was on Nov 10 when I asked the original
    questions. (The list of 'legitimate' test sites is gone)

    And wrt collecting and re-selling questions, maybe you should re-read
    my question more carefully. It was a simple question designed to get at
    the security and integrity of your business, given what I thought might
    be the nature of your site. Your 'answer' may not indicate a lack of
    security or integrity, but it definitely indicates a lack of maturity.

    (FWIW, if I wanted to be on your "good list," obviously you must look
    at my stuff first...and if you do, how do I know you won't do something
    with it I don't expect? Being anonymous and having a fuzzy business
    model doesn't lead one to automatically assume integrity and
    safety..... Also, there are companies out there that review study
    materials, such as ProCert Labs. I've worked with them several times,
    and they love this sort of question because it gives them a chance to
    explain how safe they are.)

    > People don't have to visit my site if they don't like my attitude, but if
    > they respect the fact that I will not tolerate idiots, then they will.

    But will you tolerate questions about claims you make here in this ng?
    As a long time provider of test prep materials I'm curious about those
    claims and whether I want to be associated with your site. I agree with
    the jist of your site, all I want to know is how I (my company) might
    benefit from it, if it's safe, and how you do it. If it's a proprietary
    process you can email me directly and explain that...don't stoop to
    namecalling.

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 27, 2006
  11. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    > My statement above is a fairly simple one. If you are concerned about the
    > legitimacy of a test preparation provider,

    Aha, you changed your tune....you're looking at "providers" rather than
    "material." Thank you, this makes a lot more sense now.

    BTW, the diff between those two words cannot be
    overestimated...evaluating CompTIA Inc. and evaluating their Career
    Compass aren't the same thing, as I'm sure you'll agree.

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 27, 2006
  12. Brad Ball

    JohnO Guest

    > I have. I've been researching these cheating thieves for over a year now,
    > and I know which companies are affiliated to eachother, I know which
    > companies own other companies, I know which companies are stealing the
    > stolen material from the other companies, and I know which companies have
    > actually taken the time to hire certified professionals to write the
    > practice test for them.

    What you just described is a lot different from what you originally
    claimed. I applaud your work in this regard, and hope you make a
    difference. Keep writing new articles and pushing your cause because
    I'm positive the exam vendors agree with you. Unfortunately, there
    will always be jerkoffs like that guy on ebay, cheaters, and people
    looking for shortcuts.

    > > And this stolen material...who is it stolen FROM, and how can you know?
    > >

    > Are you seriously asking this question? You've got to be kidding me.
    >
    > Have you EVER heard of plagiarism?

    Yes, it IS a serious question, not that I care anymore. My point is
    that you can't know that, positively, unless you have a special
    arrangement with the cert providers. I have been plagiarized, know all
    about the legal remedies, and it's not easy to prove even when I have
    copies of my original work right in front of me. For IP like test
    questions related to facts, it's very hard NOT to write questions that
    look very much like what some other person might independently write,
    given the same facts. And remember, all it takes is a turn of a phrase
    or a few words to convert an actual question into your own IP. I don't
    play that game, but it is legal and it does happen.

    > IF you own a company (or website) that produces Test Preparation materials
    > for a Certification Vendor then you will still not be a 'customer' of mine.
    > I will simply state your purpose and let it be known whether YOUR material
    > appears to be a braindump or it appears to be legitimate. Simple as that.

    "Appear" and "know" are two different things. Be careful because it
    would suck to get sued by testking for libel. ;-)

    > FWIW, if you're EVER on my 'good list' it's going to be about *you* and the
    > background of your company...NOT the questions that you present to your
    > customers.
    >
    > Give me your site name, and I can tell you within the next 48 hours if
    > you're a braindump company, or your material appears to be legitimate. I
    > tell you, it's NOT difficult to figure out.

    It will be in this case. heathkit dot com (yeah, the site's not so
    good.)

    > Now, with that said, would *you* want your information out there so that the
    > world could find you?

    I suppose you never know when you're going to get a dose of polonium
    in retribution, <jk> so yeah I see your point. However, legitimate
    businesses don't operate anonymously.

    > If you're comparing CertGuard to ProCert Labs, you're WAY off base.

    You claimed to review materials, and that's what they do. Your website
    didn't clear up the misunderstanding, IMO.

    > "ProCert
    > Labs provides objective and reliable courseware product testing against
    > published exam objectives and instructional design criteria."
    > They wouldn't care one iota if some unknown company that TestKing owns were
    > to request their services.

    You might be surprised since we're all in the same boat.

    > FWIW, I won't call you an idiot, if you don't come to my site, claim to read
    > what we're about, then try to tell people that we do things that we don't
    > do.

    Where have I told anyone anything? I'm asking questions and looking
    to clarify, and there's a big difference.

    > To recap once more, CertGuard is trying to RAISE the values of IT
    > Certifications, NOT lower them.

    I've carried that torch since 1994...when no colleges had even heard
    of A+. Quite likely I was the first A+ evangelist to visit the
    educational market...I've been doing this as long as anyone, working
    with CompTIA just as long. And I'm long past the days when I felt the
    pure theory of certification would win out. Welcome to the world of
    cheaters and file sharing. :-( I don't like it, but here we are.

    > With the already hundreds (maybe thousands) of test preparation providers
    > out there on the internet, what made think that *your* material would be any
    > competition to companies such as MeasureUP, SelfTestSoftware, Transcender,
    > CBT, AppDev, or even RedmondExams? Many of these companies have been in
    > business since the inception of the certification. What makes *yours* stand
    > out there with the rest of them?

    I've never posted this before, but since you asked....
    For starters, we created the second ever A+ test prep, and for a couple
    years we were the only A+ test prep available. I lived that history, so
    I can state unequivocally that these guys came along after we (and I)
    helped build the foundation and served on the advisory committees. Not
    that that helps today's candidates, so whatever. Just so you know...

    Test prep can only be so good, the questions either relate to all of
    the objectives and at some level relate to the actual exams, or they
    don't. We like to think we offer better tech insight than just the
    correct question and answer. We also build the program with an
    instructor and classroom in mind...there are score tracking tools and a
    few Excel macros that allow the instructor to categorize results. When
    the test prep is used as a pre-test this lets the instructor tailor the
    instruction to the real needs of the students. Our test prep works
    equally well for an individual studying at home, that was our original
    business model and we always keep it alive.

    However, our main thrust is in developing the necessary hours of
    hands-on experience and making this course easy to deliver. We have a
    substantial series of classroom (ILT) courses covering the
    technologies, where students do real hands-on work...installing,
    upgrading, exploring, and troubleshooting. From there, the test prep is
    just a matter of filling in the holes and maximizing your voucher
    investment.

    -John O
    JohnO, Dec 4, 2006