Actual Question for MCSE"S

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by KK, Oct 14, 2003.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    hi guys,
    i need a kinda walkthrough..when seeking help , i forget how many cert's i
    have....
    well i havedone it some good number of times. in nT4....but this time hehe
    somehow in win2k it is the first.
    All i am trying to do is ..start an application as a service.
    when i used instlsrv.exe it did register the application as service but when
    i try to run the serice it just craps out.
    I am getting the errors in event viewer and popup but some how could not
    find the answer to it.
    In the popup window i am getting the error:

    error:1053: the service did not respond to the start or control request in a
    timely fashion.

    Following is coming in the event viewer
    eventid:7000
    from Service Control Manager

    I have checked the rights,permissions to the account and all ..and all of
    them are in favor..i mean log on locally rights..local admin rights and
    stuff.
    but with no way out.

    Has anyone seen this issue and resolved then let me know.
    Thanks in Advance.
    Yankees rock.
    KK, Oct 14, 2003

  2. How about give the service the right to interact with the desktop?

    Brendon Rogers, Oct 14, 2003

  3. KK

    KK Guest

    thanks for your reply.
    i even tried that, it makes the program to open up for a while until the
    system tries to start the service and after some time it closes as soon as
    the service failed to start.
    Any suggestions.

    KK, Oct 14, 2003
  4. KK