Activity Sent recieved error

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 12, 2004.

  1. Angela & Jim Ross wrote:
    > Can anyone help and advise have I been told correctly about the recieve
    > errors should be below 10. The errors start off low ar 8-100 and steadly
    > rise to around 900 after being cnnected for about 10-15 minutes.

    It sounds like the initial connection speed is rather ambitious, and the
    modem isn't re-training to a slower more reliable speed... maybe try
    limiting the initial connection speed, and see if it helps.

    for init strings, try www.modemhelp.net or .org 808hi.com or just plain
    google.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 12, 2004

  2. I have been getting when I check my status when I am on the internet a send
    error of 0 but the recieve error can get as high as 935.
    Apparently the recieve error should not get any higher than 10 so I have
    been told.
    I have a US robotics external modem and have had it checked to be told it is
    working fine and the place that checked it got a recieve error of no higher
    than 2.
    I have replaced the line that connect my modem to the jack point and have
    got telecom to test the line to the jack point and were told it tests fine.
    My sons computer connects to the same jack point with 0 send and 0 recieve
    errors. His computer was purchased last year and my computer was purchased
    in 200. I have had memory and graphics card updated last year. My computer
    has be totally reformated and checked for viruses and have come up with
    nothing. I reformated the computer as it was not loading the internet pages
    very well especially bank pages and I was locked into a roll on the screen.
    I have put the patch in fro the sasser worm and scanned the computer with
    the removal tool and it has come up clean. Since reformating and reloading
    it appears to connect better but still have some problems loading some pages
    eg Windows update page, bank pages.

    Can anyone help and advise have I been told correctly about the recieve
    errors should be below 10. The errors start off low ar 8-100 and steadly
    rise to around 900 after being cnnected for about 10-15 minutes.

    Hope someone can advise.

    Angie
    Angela & Jim Ross, May 13, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Angela & Jim Ross" <> wrote in

    > Thanks for the input but after a week of eliminations of what may be
    > the problem and the last thing to look at was the modem I purchased a
    > new internal modem a dynalink and it has been going sweet as. I had
    > an underlying feeling it may be the modem but I kept getting told that
    > the US robotics modems were excellent modems and no doubt they are.
    > The modem is only a little over twelve months old. It did not help
    > when at the shop I took it to the recieve error only reached 2. I now
    > have a reading of send error 0 and recieve error 0. Great!

    Glad you got it fixed, but new modem = new wire from wall plate to modem =
    no more problem? You did try swapping out the cableing didn't you?
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, May 13, 2004
  4. Thanks for the input but after a week of eliminations of what may be the

    Angela & Jim Ross, May 14, 2004