    things.

    TIA

    Rich

    Rich, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Rich

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:35:34 -0700, Rich wrote:

    >When I try to access some web sites I get the error message: my
    >security settings will not let ActiveX work on this application.
    >
    >I am using Avent as my browser, and cannot seem to find anything about
    >ActiveX in the menu's.

    Avent or Avant?

    If it's Avant -
    ActiveX is a MS thingy. Since Avant appears to be a front end, to the
    MSIE browser you need to change IE settings.
    Tools / Options / Security select the Zone and try resetting to Default.
    You may also need to sleect Custom Level and check the settings ActiveX
    some of the signed / unsigned may be set to Disable.

    I think it's better to add a site to trusted list, if it's an okay site
    rather than change the zone default to enable unsigned ActiveX. The
    trusted site allows one site but the signed/unsigned affects all sites.

    Try the Avant site, FAQs , forums.

    >The sites I am trying to access are reputable site, no xxx type

    Add the site to the trusted site list, does it work that way.

    >things.

    And that matters why? That's your business.

    Then again www.google.com has
    Searched English pages for 'security setting activex'. Results 1 - 10
    of about 70,600. Search took 0.20 seconds.

    Several of the links are worth reading before making security changes.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Sep 1, 2003

  3. Rich

    Rich Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 19:56:19 GMT, why?

    >On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:35:34 -0700, Rich wrote:
    >
    >>When I try to access some web sites I get the error message: my
    >>security settings will not let ActiveX work on this application.
    >>
    >>I am using Avent as my browser, and cannot seem to find anything about
    >>ActiveX in the menu's.

    >Avent or Avant?
    >
    >If it's Avant -
    >ActiveX is a MS thingy. Since Avant appears to be a front end, to the
    >MSIE browser you need to change IE settings.
    >Tools / Options / Security select the Zone and try resetting to Default.
    >You may also need to sleect Custom Level and check the settings ActiveX
    >some of the signed / unsigned may be set to Disable.
    >
    >I think it's better to add a site to trusted list, if it's an okay site
    >rather than change the zone default to enable unsigned ActiveX. The
    >trusted site allows one site but the signed/unsigned affects all sites.
    >
    >Try the Avant site, FAQs , forums.
    >
    >>The sites I am trying to access are reputable site, no xxx type

    >Add the site to the trusted site list, does it work that way.
    >
    >>things.

    >And that matters why? That's your business.
    >
    >Then again www.google.com has
    >Searched English pages for 'security setting activex'. Results 1 - 10
    >of about 70,600. Search took 0.20 seconds.
    >
    >Several of the links are worth reading before making security changes.
    >

    ><snip>
    >
    >Me

    Cool, thanks for your help.

    Rich, Sep 1, 2003