    I also cannot run the updates help page, I also get a error about activex
    may not be set up properly..

    please advise

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9u?=, Jun 5, 2005

  2. Ron <> wrote:
    > Im trying to run my at this site www.pcpitstop.com and I get a
    > Activex error and looked at my seettings but just cant seem to get
    > active x running properly and I dont know if its just something that
    > hasent been fixed or a update I need?.
    >
    > I also cannot run the updates help page, I also get a error about
    > activex may not be set up properly..
    >
    > please advise

    Hi Ron,

    No problem here with IE32, doesn't work with IE64 anyway

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 5, 2005

  3. Why doesn't Internet Explorer 64-bit work with websites like its 32 bit
    counterpart?

    You'll find you need the 32-bit IE, I'm afraid, until such time as web sites
    are updated to properly support 64-bit IE. Right now, you'd have problems
    with just the 64-bit.

    Active X Controls

    When on-line, I get prompted to install Active X several times (depending on
    the site). I click and select install now and 1 of 2 things happens. It
    either asks for the run now or save, or it does nothing.

    Again, the problem is most folks haven't yet re-written their activex
    controls for 64-bit. That's why the default is to use the 32-bit version of
    IE, which doesn't have a problem.

    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 5, 2005