    plagued with warning popups. Can somebody tell me which of the 5 settings I
    can keep enabled and still have a degree of protection and minimize the popup
    messages?

    Bob H, Oct 4, 2003

  2. Bob H

    Harrison Guest

    Download signed - prompt (but always say no when prompted)

    Download Unsigned - Disable

    Initialize and script not marked safe - Disable

    Run active x controls and plugins - Enable

    Script active x controls marked safe - Enable

    Now. These are not in keeping with your friend's advice and will leave
    your system vulnerable to a certain degree, but you won't be prompted
    every other page you visit. Some discretion on your part will be
    required in order to keep your system safe,

    If you want a better, safer browser, visit mozilla.org.
    Use Mozilla a week, learn the many wonderful features such as tabbed
    browsing, pop-up controls, etc, and stick with it, and you'll never

    Harrison, Oct 4, 2003

  3. Bob H

    °Mike° Guest

    Set your Internet Zone (Tools / Internet Options / Security) to
    default. Install, update and use:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

    Spyware Blaster

    Spyware Blaster, in particular, blocks known bad ActiveX controls
    by setting a "Kill bit" in the registry. It will not be processed, and
    you will never know that it's been blocked.

    On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 21:48:42 -0400, in
    <>
    Bob H scrawled:

    --