    unsafe controls......The page may not display as intended".
    The point is I have JUST ALREADY run it so the warning is pointless.
    How do I stop this stupid warning from displaying?
    kineton1, Feb 17, 2008

  2. kineton1

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 04:48:11 -0800 (PST), kineton1 wrote:

    >Sometimes I receive an email (Outlook Express) in which is embedded a

    That would be some broswer it runs in then? You didn't say.

    >You Tube video. I run the video without incident then close the email
    >message. Hiding underneath is a warning about "an ActiveX control on
    >this page is not safe. Your current computer settings prohibit running
    >unsafe controls......The page may not display as intended".

    That sounds like a good idea.

    >The point is I have JUST ALREADY run it so the warning is pointless.

    So after the video runs, further code isn't executed? So don't worry
    about the warning in that case there must be nothing after the video.

    >How do I stop this stupid warning from displaying?

    It's not a stupid warning.

    You could allow the ActiveX to always run and be trusted, of course you
    have to trust the source.

    www.google.com

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 45,900 English pages for
    turn off activex warning
    .. (0.29 seconds)

    How to disable ActiveX warning popup?
    Talk about How to disable ActiveX warning popup? ... Old 08-23-2003,
    02:19 AM. Default How to disable ActiveX warning popup? ...
    www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t177993-how-to-disable-activex-warning-popup.html
    - 52k -

    Disabling ActiveX and Java in Internet Explorer
    How to turn off ActiveX and Java in Internet Explorer 4. ... ActiveX
    controls are effectively disabled and no annoying warning messages are
    displayed if a ...
    www.computerbytesman.com/acctroj/howto.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: How to disable ActiveX warning?
    through Internet Explorer 6 on a PC running Windows XP SP 1. ... An
    ActiveX control on this page might be unsafe to interact with ...
    www.tech-archive.net/Archive/WinXP/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/2005-01/14012.html
    - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

    By avoiding running ActiveX in the 1st place. The same could be said for
    OE as well.

    You could do a lot worse then www.google.com

    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 1,080,000 English pages for
    an activex control on page not safe
    .. (0.27 seconds)

    Error Message: An ActiveX Control on This Page Is Not Safe...
    When you connect to a Web page, you may receive the following error
    message:
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/7/44.asp - Similar
    pages

    PIP: An ActiveX Control on This Page Is Not Safe
    When you open a project in one of the programs listed at the beginning
    of this article, you may receive one of the following error messages: If
    you are ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257520 - Similar pages
    More results from support.microsoft.com ยป

    Also if it's IE you have, then the settings work vis the security zones

    How to use security zones in Internet Explorer
    The article describes the types of security zones in Microsoft Internet
    Explorer, and how to configure different levels of security for Web
    sites that you ...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360 - Similar pages

    Internet Explorer 6: Setting Up Security Zones
    You can use security zones to easily provide the appropriate level of
    security for the various types of Web content that users are likely to
    encounter.
    www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/security/setup.mspx - 65k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Me
    why?, Feb 17, 2008

  3. kineton1

    richard Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Sometimes I receive an email (Outlook Express) in which is embedded a
    >You Tube video. I run the video without incident then close the email
    >message. Hiding underneath is a warning about "an ActiveX control on
    >this page is not safe. Your current computer settings prohibit running
    >unsafe controls......The page may not display as intended".
    >The point is I have JUST ALREADY run it so the warning is pointless.
    >How do I stop this stupid warning from displaying?

    That comes from your settings in IE. Click options and go to the
    advanced tab. Scroll down through the list until you find activex.

    Which is another reason why I use Firefox and thunderbird.

    --
    "Tell a lie often enough, loud enough, and long enough and people will believe you."
    Adolph Hitler
    richard, Feb 17, 2008
  4. kineton1

    richard Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Sometimes I receive an email (Outlook Express) in which is embedded a
    >You Tube video. I run the video without incident then close the email
    >message. Hiding underneath is a warning about "an ActiveX control on
    >this page is not safe. Your current computer settings prohibit running
    >unsafe controls......The page may not display as intended".
    >The point is I have JUST ALREADY run it so the warning is pointless.
    >How do I stop this stupid warning from displaying?

    Sorry. That would be "security" tab, not advanced.
    Click Custom level.
    You'll find one or two might be marked as "prompt".

    richard, Feb 17, 2008