    active x controls. How do I tell, and what can I do to get them back?
    Windows XP.

    Izod..
    Izod, Aug 31, 2007

  2. Izod

    Guest

    "Izod" <> wrote:

    >I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about. Seems like I'm missing
    >active x controls. How do I tell, and what can I do to get them back?
    >Windows XP.

    You don't need activeX controls, and should stop their use.

    FF and Opera do fine without them

    "An ActiveX control can be an extremely insecure way to provide a
    feature. Because it is a Component Object Model (COM) object, it can
    do anything the user can do from that computer. It can read from and
    write to the registry, and it has access to the local file system.
    From the moment a user downloads an ActiveX control, the control may
    be vulnerable to attack because any Web application on the Internet
    can repurpose it, that is, use the control for its own ends whether
    sincere or malicious."
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa752035.aspx

    Control Panel / InterNet Options - Advanced (DIsable activex)

    --
    200,000 Elliptical Galaxies Point the Same Way
    http://science.slashdot.org/science/07/08/30/1516224.shtml

  3. Izod

    Izod Guest

    Thanks a ton Pennywise.... I am taking your advice

    Izod

    Izod, Aug 31, 2007