    possible.
    Whats the concensus of opinion on this one??
    Debbie
    Ladydeb, Sep 24, 2004

  2. "Ladydeb" <> wrote in message
    news:UgR4d.99492$...
    > Hi there
    > I have been trying to run Trend Micros 'Housecall' scanner, but before I

    can
    > run the updated version, I am being told to download an active x control.

    > trust Trend Micro to some extent but my security settings are warning me
    > that active x controls are a baddy and I shouldn't download if at all
    > possible.
    > Whats the concensus of opinion on this one??
    > Debbie

    Safe, accept it. You can remove it after you have done the scan.
    Richard McCann, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Ladydeb

    Ladydeb Guest

    Hi there Richard
    I did as you suggested but am not sure how to delete the active x control
    once the scan has completed. Should I leave it there for the next time I
    use Housecall or is it best to delete??
    Regards
    Debbie

    Ladydeb, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Ladydeb

    Voltardo Guest

    Ladydeb wrote:

    > Hi there Richard
    > I did as you suggested but am not sure how to delete the active x control
    > once the scan has completed. Should I leave it there for the next time I
    > use Housecall or is it best to delete??
    > Regards
    > Debbie
    > "Richard McCann" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Ladydeb" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Hi there
    >>>I have been trying to run Trend Micros 'Housecall' scanner, but before I

    >>can
    >>
    >>>run the updated version, I am being told to download an active x control.

    >>>trust Trend Micro to some extent but my security settings are warning me
    >>>that active x controls are a baddy and I shouldn't download if at all
    >>>possible.
    >>>Whats the concensus of opinion on this one??
    >>>Debbie
    >>>

    >>Safe, accept it. You can remove it after you have done the scan.

    You can keep the activeX control forever, safely, as long as you know
    the source is Trend Micro or any other reputable organization. Anyway,
    if you must delete it, it should be in Control Panel, add / delete.
    Voltardo, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Ladydeb

    Brian Guest

    "Ladydeb" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Hi there Richard
    > I did as you suggested but am not sure how to delete the active x control
    > once the scan has completed. Should I leave it there for the next time I
    > use Housecall or is it best to delete??
    > Regards
    > Debbie
    > "Richard McCann" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Ladydeb" <> wrote in message
    > >> Hi there
    > >> I have been trying to run Trend Micros 'Housecall' scanner, but before

    > > can
    > >> run the updated version, I am being told to download an active x

    control.
    > >> trust Trend Micro to some extent but my security settings are warning

    me
    > >> that active x controls are a baddy and I shouldn't download if at all
    > >> possible.
    > >> Whats the concensus of opinion on this one??
    > >> Debbie
    > >>

    > > Safe, accept it. You can remove it after you have done the scan.

    Hi Deb downloaded active x controls are placed here:
    C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files
    should be called: HouseCall-Control if you right click it >>properties you
    will get more info on it.
    Brian, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Ladydeb

    SIXTHPISTOL Guest

    Thanks Brian!!
    Debbie

    SIXTHPISTOL, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Ladydeb

    WormWood Guest

    "Voltardo" <absinthe@.ambergris.wow> wrote in message
    | Ladydeb wrote:
    |
    | > Hi there Richard
    | > I did as you suggested but am not sure how to delete the active x
    control
    | > once the scan has completed. Should I leave it there for the next
    time I
    | > use Housecall or is it best to delete??
    | > Regards
    | > Debbie
    | > "Richard McCann" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | >>"Ladydeb" <> wrote in message

    | >>can

    | >>Safe, accept it. You can remove it after you have done the scan.
    | >>

    | You can keep the activeX control forever, safely, as long as you know
    | the source is Trend Micro or any other reputable organization. Anyway,
    | if you must delete it, it should be in Control Panel, add / delete.

    That's Add / Remove but it may make no difference for now, I just
    checked mine and it isn't there. btw, if you don't care for surprises
    like I just got, DON'T do a Start / Search for activex. Must have over
    40 of those little monsters but they've never caused any problems that
    I am aware of even though some are from old installations...programs
    over 4 years old that were saved on another partition during upgrades.
    WormWood, Sep 24, 2004