    master running out of relative identifiers.

    What is the work around on this besides sizing the FSMO ROLES to the new
    server?
    =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=, Apr 22, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    LRM Guest

    All gawked in amazement when: HYGROG assaulted us with:
    > I tried to create a trust between two domains in separete forests and
    > the server I was migrating from kept on giving an error message about
    > the rid master running out of relative identifiers.
    >
    > What is the work around on this besides sizing the FSMO ROLES to the
    > new server?

    Is this a test environment? Were forest trusts created? Have you researched
    possible communication issues?
    In other words can your your other DCs communicate with the RID master using
    both its IP address and its DNS name.
    Which KB articles did you check before posting here?
    What OS's are involved and Domain functional levels?
    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Apr 22, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    Wayne Guest

    "HYGROG" <> wrote in message
    >I tried to create a trust between two domains in separete forests and the
    > server I was migrating from kept on giving an error message about the rid
    > master running out of relative identifiers.
    >
    > What is the work around on this besides sizing the FSMO ROLES to the new
    > server?

    Try http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=839879 or try putting the
    error message from the Event log into a search.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    MCP Windows 95
    Wayne, Apr 24, 2006
  4. Thanks wyne I think you have put me on the right track. will inform of the
    result later.

    =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=, Apr 24, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wayne" <> say in news:eZx7h74ZGHA.4036
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > try putting the
    > error message from the Event log into a search.

    or in here:

    http://www.eventid.net/

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Broken Guitar For Sale -- No Strings Attached!
    Neil, Apr 24, 2006
  6. I've never seen that site before. Thanks InterNeil
    --
    LoopBack

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Apr 24, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:,
    LoopBack <loopback@127.0.0.1> simply stated:
    > I've never seen that site before.

    *gazing in disbelief at that statement*
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Apr 24, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    LnkWizard Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > LoopBack <loopback@127.0.0.1> simply stated:
    > > I've never seen that site before.

    > *gazing in disbelief at that statement*
    > --

    Hey it can happen to the best of them. I've never seen it happen, but
    still................................................................

    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com
    LnkWizard, Apr 24, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    LoopBack Guest

    "CBIC" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > LoopBack <loopback@127.0.0.1> simply stated:
    >> I've never seen that site before.

    > *gazing in disbelief at that statement*
    > --
    > aka
    > Doom MCNGP #38
    > Is that a burdizzo in your pocket or are you just glad to see me.

    Hey! you were a n00b once.
    LoopBack, Apr 24, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?SFlHUk9H?=

    CBIC Guest

    In news:eek:893g.12900$,
    LoopBack <LoopBack@127.0.0.1> simply stated:

    > Hey! you were a n00b once.

    Yes, but the important thing is that I'm not NOW!!!!!1111
    --
    aka
    Doom MCNGP #38
    CBIC, Apr 24, 2006