    2k3 then start dcpromo and dns -then restart.

    local users are also not created on other machines which
    are not dc,which shows same error.

    sujeet, Dec 22, 2003

  2. This is default behaviour for 2k3 - all users need a level of
    complexity

    say

    Passw0rd1

    Upper Lower and Numeral

    Once you've got it up and running you can relax the security (takes a
    while if you really *must* do it.)

    Marlin Munrow, Dec 22, 2003

  3. sujeet

    Guest Guest

    The default on 2003 as it appears on my 2003 are 8
    characters: the password must contain 3 of the 4 strong
    password characteristics. Create a password with 8
    characters, atleast one upper case, one lower case and one
    number. The rest can be whatever. That will correct your
    issue.

    Guest, Dec 23, 2003
  4. sujeet

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    I was happily strolling along my merry little way in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, when I looked down and saw a little note
    from sujeet on Mon 22 Dec 2003 07:28:14a who wrote:

    > i have problem relating to windows 2003 enterprise
    > edition..
    > i have created a domain successfully,but its not creating
    > users.
    > the error returns is "the "x" users password can't be set
    > due to min. password age,complexity of password,minimum
    > password length."
    >
    > i think this is problem of any security templates or group
    > policy ,but i haven't set any of these,i have install win
    > 2k3 then start dcpromo and dns -then restart.
    >
    > local users are also not created on other machines which
    > are not dc,which shows same error.

    yes, i ran into the same problem as well. the default gpo setting in 2003 are
    a little more stringent than default 2000 install. complex password is among
    one of them. the other more annoying one is IE's hightened security settings.
    you need to click a million times to get to a new web site. use a compex
    password for your users of edit the gpo to loosen the password requirements.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+

    Rowdy Yates, Dec 23, 2003