Active Directory and VPN setup

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by David L, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. David L

    David L Guest

    I need help to setup active directory for my Windows 2000 servers (two
    excluding the DMZ server with its own AD domain) that will be running
    a number of Windows 2000 services (e.g. terminal). The internet link,
    connected to ADSL service from an ISP, will be attached to a router
    that has a VPN capable NAT.

    It may be possible that I will get Microsoft ISA2000 server to do port
    filtering, and maybe Microsoft Certificate Services for authentication
    needs.

    The server connected directly behind the DMZ is where my .NET
    application development environment will be hosted. Besides terminal
    services, it will also be storing users files for authorised VPN
    users, which will be partitioned for privacy concerns.

    The last server will host the primary Active Directory definitions,
    multiuser SQL database, and certificate server if appropriate.

    I think there exists problems with Microsoft IPSec secured VPNs and
    NAT software on router and I need a workaround or alternative to allow
    use of IPSEC if possible.

    Assuming my configuration described above can and should be laid out
    as said, can someone help me get a step by step list of how to define
    the Active Directory AND VPN setup for the entire server network.

    Thanks in advance for direct help, or leads for help available (e.g.
    mailing list)

    David
    23rd June
    David L, Jun 23, 2003