    photo wallpaper on the desktop without Active Desktop?

    Thanks for the help.

    AB

    ab, Jul 21, 2004

  2. ab

    HF Guest

    Change the format of this photo to bmp and place it in the Windows folder.
    You can get one from here. Or scan the photo as bmp
    http://www.download.com/3000-2192-10133488.html?part=84108&subj=dlpage&tag=b
    utton

    "ab" <> wrote in message
    > My laptop has Win ME and will not allow me to place a photo as desktop
    > wallpaper unless I run Active Desktop.
    >
    > I don't want to run Active Desktop. Is there any way to get it to allow
    > photo wallpaper on the desktop without Active Desktop?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > AB

    ---

    HF, Jul 21, 2004

  3. WinME sucks. Get XP.

    stealthbomber777, Jul 22, 2004
  4. ab

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (stealthbomber777) wrote in

    > WinME sucks. Get XP.

    Which even though XP is better than ME, it still won't let you stick
    anything but a BMP for a background without using Active Desktop.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Jul 22, 2004
  5. ab

    HF Guest

    There is always one !!
    "DeMoN LaG" <> wrote in message
    > (stealthbomber777) wrote in
    >
    > > WinME sucks. Get XP.
    > >

    > Which even though XP is better than ME, it still won't let you stick
    > anything but a BMP for a background without using Active Desktop.
    >
    > --
    > website: http://www.demonlag.com
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    > email:

    ---

    HF, Jul 22, 2004
  6. DeMoN LaG wrote:
    > (stealthbomber777) wrote in
    >
    >> WinME sucks. Get XP.
    >>

    > Which even though XP is better than ME, it still won't let you stick
    > anything but a BMP for a background without using Active Desktop.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    overgedoseerde ambetante mot, Jul 22, 2004
  7. ab

    Terry joyce Guest

    overgedoseerde ambetante mot wrote:
    > DeMoN LaG wrote:
    >
    >> (stealthbomber777) wrote in
    >>

    >>>WinME sucks. Get XP.
    >>>

    >>Which even though XP is better than ME, it still won't let you stick
    >>anything but a BMP for a background without using Active Desktop.

    Drag jpg into IE/Right click/Set as Background

    Terry joyce, Jul 22, 2004
  8. ab

    Stuart Guest

    ab wrote:

    > My laptop has Win ME and will not allow me to place a photo as desktop
    > wallpaper unless I run Active Desktop.
    >
    > I don't want to run Active Desktop. Is there any way to get it to allow
    > photo wallpaper on the desktop without Active Desktop?
    >
    > Thanks for the help.
    >
    > AB

    What do you have against using active desktop?

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 22, 2004
  9. ab

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Terry joyce <> wrote in news:yaCdnT4
    :

    > Drag jpg into IE/Right click/Set as Background

    Which will have IE auto-convert the file to a BMP :)

    DeMoN LaG, Jul 22, 2004