Active Desktop help needed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred Flintstone, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. I've altered the settings for my Desktop and made things a real mess, tried
    > everything I can think off to fix it. Now it may be time to ask the

    experts,
    > which is why I'm here !
    >
    > I right clicked the desktop
    > Active Desktop
    > View as Web Page
    > Played around with things (cant remember exactly what)
    > Then Changed my mind and deselected View as Web Page.
    > Problem is this:
    > After Windows starts the Desktop is displayed as a web page, all my Icons
    > have disappeared!
    > So I right Click the Desktop
    > View as Web Page is NOT ticked
    > I select this then Right Click Desktop once again,
    > This time View as Web Page is Ticked, so I deselect it
    > and Desktop goes back to normal
    > Except now I have two new Icons on Desktop, a Txt file "Desktop.ini" and

    one
    > named Folder which windows is unable to open (does not recognise). Usually
    > this works but just lately the desktop has been freezing, I do Alt Ctrl

    Del

    Fred Flintstone, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Fred Flintstone

    °Mike° Guest

    <Attribution marks removed, and text tidied up for clarity>

    What operating system?

    On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:18:32 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bu9guo$2kc$>
    Fred Flintstone scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance