    Ideas?
    Thanks for your time.

    KLK
    =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Have you tried Phone Activation?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 13, 2005

  3. "KLK" <> wrote in message
    > Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
    > work.
    > I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the key via
    > email,
    > but no matter how many times I check it for correctness it never seems to
    > work. I even requested a second key, and it does not work either.
    >
    > Ideas?
    > Thanks for your time.
    >
    > KLK

    What do you mean by correctness? Does the key work to install the product?
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 13, 2005
  4. Yes, the key works for the install, but during activation the activation
    process acts as if I had entered it incorrectly previously and requests the
    key.

    KLK

    =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=, Jun 13, 2005
  5. Andre:

    No I hadn't, but that was successful. Unfortunate that the evaluation
    website says activation can be accomplished via the internet when it can not.

    Thank you!

    KLK

    =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=, Jun 13, 2005
  6. "KLK" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, the key works for the install, but during activation the activation
    > process acts as if I had entered it incorrectly previously and requests
    > the
    > key.

    Did you give the correct country you reside in when you ordered the
    evaluation version? Also, you should give Andre's suggestion a try. That is,
    using phone activation.

    Wayne
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 13, 2005
  7. "KLK" <> wrote in message
    > Andre:
    >
    > No I hadn't, but that was successful. Unfortunate that the evaluation
    > website says activation can be accomplished via the internet when it can
    > not.

    No, it can. I activated mine over the Internet. It must be something else.
    Wayne Wastier, Jun 13, 2005
  8. That's the second report of activation problems we've seen. Not sure what's
    going on, but phone activation is fairly painless and works. I'll ping a MS
    contact about this and see if there's an issue.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 13, 2005
  9. The last issue with Internet Activation, Darrell from Microsoft had looked
    into the issue for the person.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 13, 2005
  10. could it possibly be that the drivers for your ethernet card aren't installed
    yet, thus no internet connection?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dA==?=, Jun 13, 2005
  11. "KLK" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, the key works for the install, but during activation the activation
    > process acts as if I had entered it incorrectly previously and requests
    > the
    > key.

    Activation is working for the huge number of other downloaders of the
    evaluation version.
    Please try and activate via telephone.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jun 13, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    I downloaded and installed the trial version this weekend, and could not
    activate it over the internet. It kept saying the key wasn't valid. I have
    not tried phone activiation, but will try that this week sometime.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 13, 2005
  13. Hello KLK,
    What is the exact error message that you get when you try to activate?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?= <>
    <Subject: Activation of Evaluation Edition
    <Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 16:00:01 -0700
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 13, 2005
  14. Hello Torrey,
    What is the exact error message that you get when you try to activate?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Torrey Lauer" <>
    <Subject: Re: Activation of Evaluation Edition
    <Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:53:49 -0500
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
    <I downloaded and installed the trial version this weekend, and could not
    <activate it over the internet. It kept saying the key wasn't valid. I
    have
    <not tried phone activiation, but will try that this week sometime.
    <
    <--
    <Torrey Lauer
    <Modern Travel Services
    <moderntravel DOT net
    <
    <Rainbow Sky Travel
    <rainbow sky travel DOT net
    <"Matt" <> wrote in message
    <> could it possibly be that the drivers for your ethernet card aren't
    <> installed
    <> yet, thus no internet connection?
    <>
    <> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    <>
    <>> That's the second report of activation problems we've seen. Not sure
    <>> what's
    <>> going on, but phone activation is fairly painless and works. I'll ping
    <>> MS
    <>> contact about this and see if there's an issue.
    <>>
    <>> --
    <>> Charlie.
    <>>
    <>> KLK wrote:
    <>> > Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem to
    <>> > work. I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the
    <>> > key via email, but no matter how many times I check it for
    <>> > correctness it never seems to work. I even requested a second key,
    <>> > and it does not work either.
    <>> >
    <>> > Ideas?
    <>> > Thanks for your time.
    <>> >
    <>> > KLK
    <>>
    <>>
    <>>
    <
    <
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 13, 2005
  15. =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    The exact message is, "Incorrect product key," which is located near the top
    in a dark blue area. Underneath that it states, "If the product key below
    was mistyped, please correct it, and then click Retry." It goes on to state
    the regular informatin on where to find the the 25 digit product key, etc.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel D0T net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 13, 2005
  16. Hello Torrey,
    Can you send me the PID from that machine? ( The twenty digit number
    located on the properties of My Computer).
    Remove the online from my email address.
    Do you get the error message when you go to activate or when you enter the
    key?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------
    <From: "Torrey Lauer" <>
    <Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:29:35 -0500
    <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <
[...]
    <> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
    rights
    <> --------------------
    <> <From: "Torrey Lauer" <>
    <> <Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:53:49 -0500
    <> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
    <> <
    <> <I downloaded and installed the trial version this weekend, and could not
    <> <activate it over the internet. It kept saying the key wasn't valid. I
    <> have
    <> <not tried phone activiation, but will try that this week sometime.
    <> <
    <> <--
    <> <Torrey Lauer
    <> <Modern Travel Services
    <> <moderntravel DOT net
    <> <
    <> <Rainbow Sky Travel
    <> <rainbow sky travel DOT net
    <> <"Matt" <> wrote in message
    <> <news:...
    <> <> could it possibly be that the drivers for your ethernet card aren't
    <> <> installed
    <> <> yet, thus no internet connection?
    <> <>
    <> <> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    <> <>
    <> <>> That's the second report of activation problems we've seen. Not sure
    <> <>> what's
    <> <>> going on, but phone activation is fairly painless and works. I'll
    ping
    <> a
    <> <>> MS
    <> <>> contact about this and see if there's an issue.
    <> <>>
    <> <>> --
    <> <>> Charlie.
    <> <>>
    <> <>> KLK wrote:
    <> <>> > Activation of the evaluation edition of WinXP Pro x64 doesn't seem
    <> <>> > work. I downloaded it directly from microsoft.com and received the
    <> <>> > key via email, but no matter how many times I check it for
    <> <>> > correctness it never seems to work. I even requested a second key,
    <> <>> > and it does not work either.
    <> <>> >
    <> <>> > Ideas?
    <> <>> > Thanks for your time.
    <> <>> >
    <> <>> > KLK
    <> <>>
    <> <>>
    <> <>>
    <> <
    <> <
    <> <
    <>
    <
    <
    <
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Jun 13, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Darrell,

    I just e-mailed you the PID number.

    Thanks for looking into this!

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 13, 2005
  18. =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

    OneSeventeen Guest

    I am having the exact same problem, it keeps telling me I must have
    keyed it in improperly. I'll try phone activation later on tonight, but
    please post back if you find an easier solution!

    OneSeventeen, Jun 15, 2005
  19. I'm having the same problem as well.

    =?Utf-8?B?bW9uZ28=?=, Jun 16, 2005
  20. =?Utf-8?B?S0xL?=

    OneSeventeen Guest

    OneSeventeen wrote:
    > I am having the exact same problem, it keeps telling me I must have
    > keyed it in improperly. I'll try phone activation later on tonight, but
    > please post back if you find an easier solution!

    Automated activation didn't work, waiting for a live person now...
    Wow!!! It took about 10 minutes (including reading off the numbers to
    the automated voice) and I'm done and it is activated!

    I'm shocked because last time I called, I actually pulled out my
    computer, uninstalled a graphics card, installed a new one, installed
    new drivers, and rebooted before an attendant picked up.

    (I guess I'll start calling in the morning instead!)

    <sarcasm>
    P.S. it isn't noticable at all that it is an out-sourced call center...
    </sarcasm>
    (actually every individual I've talked to was very understandable, so no
    real complaints, just jokes)

    OneSeventeen, Jun 16, 2005