    automatically? How can I tell if it is activated or not?

    Thanks,
    Jerry
    Jerry Shaw, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Jerry Shaw

    Chris Guest

    I found the Corp editions of windows Xp don't actually require
    activation, you can get away with just telling it to sod off and leave
    you alone and it will forever
    if you have trouble getting the service packs installed navigate in
    regedit to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Currentversion\ then
    look for the last setting, it should begin with a W, be shor and mostly
    if not all in CAPS, then enter that andd chage the last Hex value to 50,
    leaving the resat in tact, then Windows Update will let you on

    Chris, Feb 12, 2005