Actiontec R1520SU firmware?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mama Bear, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Mama Bear

    Mama Bear Guest

    I had some problems with my Actiontec gateway after opening some
    ports for Echolink, which is a ham radio program. ( UDP Ports 5198-
    5200 ) The connections were getting messed up all the time.

    Last week they said to download and install the latest firmware and
    talked me through that. But those ports open were the problem.

    So yesterday they told me to do a hard reset on it, by pushing the
    reset switch inside the hole in the back. I did that and it worked
    fine last night but when I turned it on again this morning, no
    connection. So I called DSL support and they said it was something
    on their end which they reset in about 2 minutes.

    But about that firmware...once you install firmware, if you hit
    that back reset switch, does it go away? Would I need to install it
    again now?

    I thought firmware goes into something like an EPROM though, so
    hopefully it's still there?

    --
    - Mama Bear

    Mama Bear, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Mama Bear gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    snip

    > I thought firmware goes into something like an EPROM though, so
    > hopefully it's still there?

    The reset just puts the settings back to factory defaults. Your firmware
    upgrade shouldn't be affected.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    In the future, everyone will speak one language, but no one will speak it

    The Old Sourdough, Jan 31, 2006

  3. Mama Bear

    Mama Bear Guest

    The Old Sourdough <> wrote :

    > Mama Bear gibbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > snip
    >>
    >> I thought firmware goes into something like an EPROM though,
    >> so hopefully it's still there?
    >>

    > The reset just puts the settings back to factory defaults.
    > Your firmware upgrade shouldn't be affected.

    Thanks. :)

    --
    - Mama Bear

    Mama Bear, Jan 31, 2006