    is gone....also, at iso 400, and not having an accessory flash setting
    for that camera, I'm stuck using available light at the
    gymnasium......any ideas? Mike

    Sidnee, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Sidnee

    Pete Guest

    On 19 Dec 2003 21:27:53 -0800, Sidnee wrote:

    > I have been going to basketball games to get some action
    > shots...however, by the time the camera takes the picture, the action
    > is gone....also, at iso 400, and not having an accessory flash setting
    > for that camera, I'm stuck using available light at the
    > gymnasium......any ideas? Mike

    I can't fix the lighting in your gym, but you might try a combination of
    anticipating the action and using the sequential shooting mode. If you
    store pics in HQ rather than SHQ format, you will get more frames per burst
    and a faster recovery time.

    And just in case, are you aware of the trick of prefocusing by holding the
    shutter button half way down? This essentially eliminates the shutter lag
    problem of digicams.

    Pete, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Sidnee

    JK Guest

    For indoor action photos in available light (without a flash
    or bright spotlights), you need a better camera. I suggest
    you consider a Canon Digital Rebel and a fast lens(one
    that lets plenty of light through). The Digital Rebel has a
    1600 ISO mode with image quality that is quite usable.

    JK, Dec 20, 2003