ACT! Corporation scamming it's customers!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Knowledge, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    ACT!! is having a terrible time with their newest versions of ACT!8
    and premium for workgroups working properly wit Windows Vista Home
    Premium, and sometimes even Windows Vista Ultimate.

    They have stopped giving presales support with the product because
    thousands are having trouble getting it to install properly.

    They are now asking that you give them $200.00... then the will work
    with you on getting it to install properly.

    To me that is a ridiculous notion to pay up front, and then be told
    later that it is not compatible with your system, yet they keep the
    $200.00

    They have some major software issues, and I would avoid them for the
    time being until they offer something that makes good sense to the
    customer.

    Amicably Yours in the software struggle.

    Knowledge, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Knowledge

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:21:08 -0500, Knowledge <>
    wrote:

    >ACT!! is having a terrible time with their newest versions of ACT!8
    >and premium for workgroups working properly wit Windows Vista Home
    >Premium, and sometimes even Windows Vista Ultimate.
    >
    >They have stopped giving presales support with the product because
    >thousands are having trouble getting it to install properly.
    >
    >They are now asking that you give them $200.00... then the will work
    >with you on getting it to install properly.
    >
    >To me that is a ridiculous notion to pay up front, and then be told
    >later that it is not compatible with your system, yet they keep the
    >$200.00
    >
    >They have some major software issues, and I would avoid them for the
    >time being until they offer something that makes good sense to the
    >customer.

    >http://www.viosoftware.com/ACT/ACT!+2006+(8.0)+Upgrade.html?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=mall&utm_campaign=ACTS2006UP

    Nowhere is Vista listed as a compatible OS.

    Evan Platt, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Knowledge

    Knowledge Guest

    On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 15:56:38 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 17:21:08 -0500, Knowledge <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>ACT!! is having a terrible time with their newest versions of ACT!8
    >>and premium for workgroups working properly wit Windows Vista Home
    >>Premium, and sometimes even Windows Vista Ultimate.
    >>
    >>They have stopped giving presales support with the product because
    >>thousands are having trouble getting it to install properly.
    >>
    >>They are now asking that you give them $200.00... then the will work
    >>with you on getting it to install properly.
    >>
    >>To me that is a ridiculous notion to pay up front, and then be told
    >>later that it is not compatible with your system, yet they keep the
    >>$200.00
    >>
    >>They have some major software issues, and I would avoid them for the
    >>time being until they offer something that makes good sense to the
    >>customer.

    >>http://www.viosoftware.com/ACT/ACT!+2006+(8.0)+Upgrade.html?utm_source=pricegrabber&utm_medium=mall&utm_campaign=ACTS2006UP

    >Nowhere is Vista listed as a compatible OS.

    Sure they do!
    Look at the specifications for the software listed at this site

    http://www.viosoftware.com/ACT/ACT! 2008.html

    Knowledge, Oct 5, 2007