Acronis TrueImage problems!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rindler Sigurd, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. I have a working Windows XP system on drive C, made a backup with TrueImage
    from Acronis, and tried to restore it to another HD (connected via USB
    interface). The creation of the C image was successful, and so was the
    restore procedure (verified by screen messages).
    Then I put the HD with the newly created Image in drive C and booted.
    Windows XP starts loading as I can see, the screen gets dark, and after a
    couple of seconds I see "Microsoft Windows XP and the Windows logo" on a
    light blue background. The image I see is the same that occurs when shutting
    down Windows XP. After that I have only one option which is resetting or
    switching off.
    I tried to run it in Safe Mode, but the result was just the same.
    Somebody advised me to restore from the USB HD to the C drive, which wasn't
    successful either.

    What's the problem? I have gone through the same procedure twice
    successfully by restoring to the external hard drive.
    I don't want to destroy a working system with a backup once I really need to
    restore drive C.
    I hope that somebody has a solution...

    Sigi Rindler

    Rindler Sigurd, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Rindler Sigurd

    GHalleck Guest

    Rindler Sigurd wrote:

    > I have a working Windows XP system on drive C, made a backup with TrueImage
    > from Acronis, and tried to restore it to another HD (connected via USB
    > interface). The creation of the C image was successful, and so was the
    > restore procedure (verified by screen messages).
    > Then I put the HD with the newly created Image in drive C and booted.
    > Windows XP starts loading as I can see, the screen gets dark, and after a
    > couple of seconds I see "Microsoft Windows XP and the Windows logo" on a
    > light blue background. The image I see is the same that occurs when shutting
    > down Windows XP. After that I have only one option which is resetting or
    > switching off.
    > I tried to run it in Safe Mode, but the result was just the same.
    > Somebody advised me to restore from the USB HD to the C drive, which wasn't
    > successful either.
    >
    > What's the problem? I have gone through the same procedure twice
    > successfully by restoring to the external hard drive.
    > I don't want to destroy a working system with a backup once I really need to
    > restore drive C.
    > I hope that somebody has a solution...
    >
    > Sigi Rindler

    Image files made by using Ghost, DriveImage, TrueImage, etc., are very
    faithful to the systems from which they are derived. No issues at restoring
    if the hardware suite stays essentially unchanged. However, problems do
    arise when cloning to computer systems that have differing degrees of
    hardware and whether or not the system files and drivers being copied
    over are fully compatible.
    GHalleck, Aug 16, 2003

  3. > Image files made by using Ghost, DriveImage, TrueImage, etc., are very
    > faithful to the systems from which they are derived. No issues at

    restoring
    > if the hardware suite stays essentially unchanged. However, problems do
    > arise when cloning to computer systems that have differing degrees of
    > hardware and whether or not the system files and drivers being copied
    > over are fully compatible.

    Thanks for telling... I was the same computer, but hard drives of different
    manufacturers and partition sizes.
    Also, I found out that there is a new version (#6)... so the Acronis Support
    Department. Need to upgrade.

    Rindler Sigurd, Aug 17, 2003