    appreciated. It does appear on the surface to be the answer to
    everything - but life (or computers) is never that simple - I'm sure.

    Cheers.

    archierob, Sep 7, 2005

  2. archierob wrote:
    > Any advice, or comments about this program and its use would be
    > appreciated. It does appear on the surface to be the answer to
    > everything - but life (or computers) is never that simple - I'm sure.

    it's pretty damn good actually, either doing full images(while the
    machine is in use), or selected folders, scheduling is in there, burn to
    CD/DVD is in there, make files of xMB size is there.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 7, 2005

  3. archierob

    Guest

    Acronis True Image is oh so very nice.

    I've used both the desktop and server versions.

    It supports pretty much any backup device (external hard drive, tape
    drive, DVD, whatever) and a bare metal restore is a simple process
    involving booting off an Acronis True Image recovery CD and restoring
    your image file.

    , Sep 8, 2005
  4. archierob

    Alan Guest

    > it's pretty damn good actually, either doing full images(while the
    > machine is in use), or selected folders, scheduling is in there,
    > burn
    > to CD/DVD is in there, make files of xMB size is there.

    Hi Dave,

    Can it do a full sector by sector disk image directly onto a DVD or CD
    whilst the OS is *not* running?

    This is as opposed to, say, a partition image.

    Thanks,

    Alan.

    Alan, Sep 8, 2005
  5. Alan wrote:
    >>it's pretty damn good actually, either doing full images(while the
    >>machine is in use), or selected folders, scheduling is in there,
    >>burn
    >>to CD/DVD is in there, make files of xMB size is there.

    > Can it do a full sector by sector disk image directly onto a DVD or CD
    > whilst the OS is *not* running?

    > This is as opposed to, say, a partition image.

    not too sure, but I think so, it pretty much seems to be like ghost,
    only with more better options.

    I only have it on my home machine, but I have no net at home(the PCs not
    even plugged in since I moved almost 6 months ago!)... I might plug it
    in and have a look if no-one else pipes up with info.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 8, 2005
  6. archierob

    GraB Guest

    On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:05:31 +0100, "archierob"
    <> wrote:

    >Any advice, or comments about this program and its use would be
    >appreciated. It does appear on the surface to be the answer to
    >everything - but life (or computers) is never that simple - I'm sure.
    >
    >Cheers.

    I think this is the best. The bootable CD you can make is just like
    the Windows programme. One feature is the ability to make a special
    partition (preferably on a different drive) that only Acronis can
    access where images are stored. These images can be mounted in
    Windows with an allocated drive number and look and behave just like a
    normal partition. You can even run programmes from that image, as
    well as restore files or folders.

    GraB, Sep 8, 2005
  7. archierob

    Guest

    GraB wrote:
    > On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 22:05:31 +0100, "archierob"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Any advice, or comments about this program and its use would be
    > >appreciated. It does appear on the surface to be the answer to
    > >everything - but life (or computers) is never that simple - I'm sure.
    > >
    > >Cheers.
    > >

    > I think this is the best. The bootable CD you can make is just like
    > the Windows programme. One feature is the ability to make a special
    > partition (preferably on a different drive) that only Acronis can
    > access where images are stored. These images can be mounted in
    > Windows with an allocated drive number and look and behave just like a
    > normal partition. You can even run programmes from that image, as
    > well as restore files or folders.

    Hello,
    Grab, I completely agree with you. Acronis True Image
    [http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/] is wonderful
    for making backup system. You know, every time when I use TI, I like it
    more and more.
    I've never seen such reliable and convenient software. Now my dream
    becomes true, becouse I'm sure that all my important data under great
    protection (provided by Acronis).
    My best recommendation!

    , Sep 8, 2005
  8. archierob

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:30:09 -0700, le_temp_de wrote:

    > My best recommendation!

    Hmmm....

    Searching google groups for:

    author:

    returns 38 results.

    Whereas searching for:

    author: -acronis

    returns no results.

    And also:

    group:nz.comp author:

    Returns only the above post.

    It sure looks like you're astroturfing - and whether you realise it or not
    doing more harm than good for your 'favourite' product.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Sep 8, 2005
  9. archierob

    akiwi Guest

    On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 10:15:41 +1200, AD. wrote:

    >On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 03:30:09 -0700, le_temp_de wrote:
    >>
    >> My best recommendation!

    >Hmmm....
    >
    >Searching google groups for:
    >
    >author:
    >
    >returns 38 results.
    >
    >Whereas searching for:
    >
    >author: -acronis
    >
    >returns no results.
    >
    >And also:
    >
    >group:nz.comp author:
    >
    >Returns only the above post.
    >
    >It sure looks like you're astroturfing - and whether you realise it or not
    >doing more harm than good for your 'favourite' product.

    Yeah. This guy and his buddy Kinoby popped up in a thread I posted a
    while ago when someone mentioned Acronis. They pop up together in quite
    a few places saying how reliable Acronis is compared to other tools.

    akiwi, Sep 9, 2005