    informed and impartial opinions!
    Thanks
    John

    john, Jan 22, 2006

  2. john

    clot Guest

    john wrote:
    > Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
    > helping me backup my HD.
    > I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
    > informed and impartial opinions!
    > Thanks
    > John

    Can't tell you about Norton but Acronis works fine for me. I format my D
    drive once a week and image across. Did it this p.m. Took about 45 mins.
    with 160 Gig drives on both.

    clot, Jan 22, 2006

  3. john

    *x@y* Guest

    Some info on Ghost: http://tinyurl.com/9xq9v

    A fewer for Acronis: http://tinyurl.com/7t3oc

    Good Luck, x@y

    *x@y*, Jan 23, 2006
  4. john

    Spuds Guest

    On 22 Jan 2006 15:33:14 -0800, "john" <> wrote:

    >Looking for a good, reliable and above all easy to use system for
    >helping me backup my HD.
    >I have been recomended both of the above, but am looking for some more
    >informed and impartial opinions!
    >Thanks
    >John

    I was a Ghost user for years. Tried v9 when it came out, and found it a
    bloated POS (not unlike every other Symantec app.)

    Bought Acronis TrueImage and am very happy with it. The only thing it doesn't
    do natively is image directly to DVDR.

    Spuds, Jan 23, 2006
  5. john

    *x@y* Guest

    More for Acronis\ 2006: x@y

    http://tinyurl.com/axdnt

    *x@y*, Jan 23, 2006
  6. john

    Moky Guest

    Like one of the previous posters I used Ghost for years, effective but
    difficult to learn, long winded and slow and of course it included Norton
    taking over the computer, like it or not.

    More recently changed to Acronis. Like it a lot, MUCH faster and simpler to
    get to grips with. I too found it would not save directly to CD/DVD despite
    its claims however it is possible to burn the image from your selected
    location to a disk but it isn't a bootable disk. Just means booting with
    the floppies first if necessary.

    Maurice

    Moky, Jan 24, 2006