    www.acronis.com
    Version is 9.1 r3854.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Feb 9, 2007

  2. Oops!
    Version is 9.1 r3886.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Feb 9, 2007

  3. Thanks, Carlos. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 9, 2007
  4. You are welcome, Charlie!

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Feb 9, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Guest

    On Feb 8, 6:29 pm, Carlos <> wrote:
    > Acronis has released a new version of True Image workstation for vista (there
    > you go, Charlie!)www.acronis.com
    > Version is 9.1 r3854.
    > Carlos

    VCOM's Partition Commander rev 10 claims to be ready for Vista too.
    While I managed to mess up my X64 machine with it (pilot error), once
    I got used to the program, Partition Commander works quite well.

    I have about 50Gbytes of image data over a few million files on my X64
    machine. [It is map and satellite files as collected with ExpertGPS.]
    I put a larger HD in my notebook, and wanted this data on the new
    drive. At first I tried to simply copy the files, but this slowly
    ground down to a around 20kbps over a gigabps network. I believe the
    file creation on the notebook was the problem. [I can do a few more
    paragraphs here, but it really isn't worth the read.]

    After letting the computers network for hours and get no where, I took
    the hard drive out of the notebook and did the file copy via booting
    the X64 machine with Partition Commander. The transfer took 30
    minutes. Partition Commander was able to handle my software RAID10
    array.

    , Feb 10, 2007
  6. Could you confirm that TI9.1 Workstation installs in Vista x64? My
    experience: clean system, certified drivers... tried to install TI and
    installation was blocked because drivers are unsigned.

    If I need to hack the OS to install the product, I don't think it can be
    said that it is supported.

    Please, let me know. May have I missed something I need to know?

    Thanks!
    Paco

    =?Utf-8?B?UCs=?=, Mar 12, 2007
  7. yes, it installs.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 13, 2007
  8. Well, precise answer, I can't deny it. Now, I guess it begs the question,
    how? Running the installation program makes all the alarms scream in Vista:
    unsigned drivers, unsupported. etc.

    After restart, big bad blue screen of death, that now is black, but the same.

    Aren't you sure you are talking about 9,1 Workstation and Vista x64, and not
    of Home 10?

    Paco

    =?Utf-8?B?UCs=?=, Mar 13, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jane C Guest

    I installed the trial version of Acronis True Image Workstation yesterday,
    build 9.1.3887 on Vista Business x64. No warnings about unsigned drivers or
    anything else. Tried it out on image creation, then mounting the image.
    Worked a treat.

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)

    Jane C, Mar 13, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Workstation works great. I have tested it for backup and recovery with no
    problems. Haven't tried the home versions yet.

    John Barnes, Mar 13, 2007
  11. Thank you very much, that gives me another way to try. I was using Ultimate,
    not Business. Perhaps that makes some difference.

    I'll check and report back
    Paco

    =?Utf-8?B?UCs=?=, Mar 13, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I have 9.1 v3886 installed on Ultimate with no problems.

    John Barnes, Mar 13, 2007
  13. no, it makes no difference. I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 17, 2007