Acronis True Image 11 (update)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Kue2, Jul 8, 2008.

  1. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Kue2, Jul 8, 2008

  2. Thanks.

    SteveT

    Steve Thackery, Jul 8, 2008

  3. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Jul 8, 2008
  4. Kue2

    - Bobb - Guest

    "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > update: build #8101, 2008-07-03
    >
    > http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/index.html

    Anyone else tested it ?
    I beta tested version 11 - and got a free copy , but now my account is no
    good.
    They sent me email a few months ago to test another product. It didn't
    apply to me, so I didn't sign up for it.
    Does anyone know , does that "delete my account" ?

    - Bobb -, Jul 8, 2008
  5. "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message

    > "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >> update: build #8101, 2008-07-03
    >>
    >> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/index.html

    > Anyone else tested it ?
    > I beta tested version 11 - and got a free copy , but now my account is no
    > good.
    > They sent me email a few months ago to test another product. It didn't
    > apply to me, so I didn't sign up for it.
    > Does anyone know , does that "delete my account" ?

    I think you have to ask Acronis.
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/forum/

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 8, 2008
  6. "Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > update: build #8101, 2008-07-03
    >
    > http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/index.html

    You may not see the update option mentioned on the Acronis installation
    screen. Use the second option, Repair. Do not uninstall or modify.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 8, 2008
  7. Kue2

    Nonny Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:50:13 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
    <> wrote:

    >"Kue2" <> wrote in message
    >> update: build #8101, 2008-07-03
    >>
    >> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/index.html

    >You may not see the update option mentioned on the Acronis installation
    >screen. Use the second option, Repair. Do not uninstall or modify.

    You lost me there, bud. Every time I update, I merely download it and
    install it. I just did that with this one and never saw anything like
    what you mention.

    Nonny, Jul 8, 2008
  8. Kue2

    Tuttle Guest

    "Nonny" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:50:13 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Kue2" <> wrote in message
    > >> update: build #8101, 2008-07-03
    > >>
    > >> http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/index.html

    > >You may not see the update option mentioned on the Acronis installation
    > >screen. Use the second option, Repair. Do not uninstall or modify.

    > You lost me there, bud. Every time I update, I merely download it and
    > install it. I just did that with this one and never saw anything like
    > what you mention.

    I do the same, I just install "over top" of the previous installation. I
    don't know why one would use the Repair option.

    Tuttle, Jul 9, 2008
  9. >
    > I do the same, I just install "over top" of the previous installation. I
    > don't know why one would use the Repair option.

    Because that is what comes up on some computers. Don't ask me why. I see
    both ways at my house. My test box brought it up that way and my wife's
    laptop just brought up the standard installation splash screen you're
    talking about. I don't know why it varies but I thought some folks might
    like to know which option to use if a box with three options appears.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 9, 2008