    Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
    file backup and disk imaging program.

    So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC ;-)

    joe_90, Feb 3, 2009

  2. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
    > 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
    >
    > www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
    >
    > 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
    > product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
    >
    > 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
    > link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
    >
    > Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the
    > end.
    > Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
    > file backup and disk imaging program.
    >
    > So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC ;-)

    Thanks. Do you know if that version runs on 98SE? I have ver. 11 and it
    won't. :-( I have a couple older but good machines running 98 that I'd like
    to back up.

    Thanks again for the heads up.
    --
    Shaun.

    he`ll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Jingo

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2009

  3. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
    > 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
    >
    > www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
    >
    > 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
    > product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
    >
    > 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
    > link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
    >
    > Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the
    > end.
    > Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
    > file backup and disk imaging program.
    >
    > So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC ;-)

    Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2009
  4. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

    Yes, I've had a few of those.

    I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain :)

    joe_90, Feb 3, 2009
  5. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

    > Yes, I've had a few of those.
    >
    > I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain :)

    Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if it'll run
    on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that came with a mag
    cover disk?).

    Thanx again.

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2009
  6. joe_90

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <gm95fn$s67$>,
    says...
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
    > > ~misfit~ wrote:
    > >
    > >> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

    > > Yes, I've had a few of those.
    > >
    > > I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain :)

    > Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if it'll run
    > on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that came with a mag
    > cover disk?).

    Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't run
    on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Feb 3, 2009
  7. joe_90

    Cima Guest

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:36:29 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:

    >In article <gm95fn$s67$>,
    >says...
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:

    >> > Yes, I've had a few of those.
    >> >
    >> > I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain :)

    >> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if it'll run
    >> on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that came with a mag
    >> cover disk?).

    >Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't run
    >on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

    This review claims it'll work on 98, but it also says it's Vista compatible too.
    I wouldn't bet on it though ;-)

    http://www.infopackets.com/news/software/reviews/2007/20070522_acronis_true_image_10_review.htm

    This says: Platform : Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP

    http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Download/66834,acronis-true-image-10-home.aspx

    If you can build the bootable CD ISO with v10, you should be able to do 98
    imaging.

    Cima, Feb 3, 2009
  8. joe_90

    Mutlley Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
    >> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
    >>
    >> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
    >>
    >> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
    >> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
    >>
    >> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
    >> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
    >>
    >> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in the
    >> end.
    >> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an excellent
    >> file backup and disk imaging program.
    >>
    >> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC ;-)

    >Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

    Have registered. Wonder if they will realize that i live outside the
    UK?

    Mutlley, Feb 3, 2009
  9. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mutlley wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:
    >>> 1. Go here and register with a valid email address:
    >>>
    >>> www.acronis.co.uk/mag/ati10pe
    >>>
    >>> 2. Couple of emails later (confirmation etc.), and you will get the
    >>> product registration code and a password for the Acronis web site.
    >>>
    >>> 3. Login to the web site and under 'registered products' there is a
    >>> link to download the product (95MB, so not fun if you're on dialup).
    >>>
    >>> Web site was a bit slow for me and can time out, but got there in
    >>> the end.
    >>> Oh, and for those that don't know, Acronis True Image is an
    >>> excellent file backup and disk imaging program.
    >>>
    >>> So now you have no excuse for not backing up your PC ;-)

    >> Bugger! I got a rather cryptic "Error 500" message. -(

    > Have registered. Wonder if they will realize that i live outside the
    > UK?

    As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but Canadian
    provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm assuming that
    the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has at least a partial
    global circulation.

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2009
  10. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cima wrote:
    > On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:36:29 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <gm95fn$s67$>,
    >> says...

    >>> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if
    >>> it'll run on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer
    >>> that came with a mag cover disk?).

    >> Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't
    >> run on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

    > This review claims it'll work on 98, but it also says it's Vista
    > compatible too. I wouldn't bet on it though ;-)
    >
    > http://www.infopackets.com/news/software/reviews/2007/20070522_acronis_true_image_10_review.htm
    >

    > This says: Platform : Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
    >
    > http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Download/66834,acronis-true-image-10-home.aspx
    >

    > If you can build the bootable CD ISO with v10, you should be able to
    > do 98 imaging.

    Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet. Anna Paquin
    is rather good in True Blood....

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2009
  11. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <gm95fn$s67$>,
    > says...
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs joe_90 wrote:

    >>> Yes, I've had a few of those.
    >>>
    >>> I suspect their web server is creaking under the strain :)

    >> Oh well, I finally got a registration number. Just need to find if
    >> it'll run on 98 (and download it of course, seems it's an offer that
    >> came with a mag cover disk?).

    > Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't
    > run on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

    I'll try to remember to post when I finally get around to d/ling the install
    file.

    At the moment, using ver 11, the only way I can image my 98 machines is to
    connect the HDD via USB to my XP machine and image it that way. A PITA IOW.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2009
  12. joe_90

    joe_90 Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but Canadian
    > provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm assuming that
    > the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has at least a partial
    > global circulation.

    Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a price)
    - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.

    Not that it matters.

    joe_90, Feb 4, 2009
  13. joe_90

    Alan Guest

    Hi All,

    I couldn't see an MD5 for the file anywhere on their site, so figure
    I'd post mine here and see if you got the same one:

    20e903563fff92f1fb7097159340d8cf

    I suggest the first person who can confirm (or deny) this posts, and
    if it is okay, then others can just check.

    Thanks,

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.

    My current valid email address is:

    email address.

    ewygchvboocno43vb674b6nq46tvb

    Alan, Feb 4, 2009
  14. joe_90

    bugalugs Guest

    joe_90 wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but
    >> Canadian provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm
    >> assuming that the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has
    >> at least a partial global circulation.

    > Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a price)
    > - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.
    >
    > Not that it matters.

    I wonder if this is just another 30 day free trial.

    Here's an extract from that review mentioned earlier:

    "RE: Special Offer for Infopackets Readers

    Starting right now, (there was no date on the article) you can download
    a free trial of Acronis True Image version 10. That's right! Download
    it, try it out, and then decide if you want to buy it. We're so sure
    that you'll love True Image that you'll want to buy it right away. And
    for only $49.95, it truly is a steal!"

    I registered about 6 hours ago and so far nuffing

    bugalugs, Feb 4, 2009
  15. joe_90

    Peter M Guest

    On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:15:51 +1300, bugalugs <> wrote:

    >joe_90 wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but
    >>> Canadian provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands) I'm
    >>> assuming that the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped on has
    >>> at least a partial global circulation.

    >> Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a price)
    >> - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.
    >>
    >> Not that it matters.

    >I wonder if this is just another 30 day free trial.
    >
    >Here's an extract from that review mentioned earlier:
    >
    >"RE: Special Offer for Infopackets Readers
    >
    >Starting right now, (there was no date on the article) you can download
    >a free trial of Acronis True Image version 10. That's right! Download
    >it, try it out, and then decide if you want to buy it. We're so sure
    >that you'll love True Image that you'll want to buy it right away. And
    >for only $49.95, it truly is a steal!"
    >
    >I registered about 6 hours ago and so far nuffing

    All the Acronis True Image version free trail ones are free dnloads and they are All
    full versions and run fully for 15 days from memory.

    Did you not know that..

    Peter M, Feb 4, 2009
  16. joe_90

    Alan Guest

    "bugalugs" <> wrote in message
    > joe_90 wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >>> As the drop-down box titled 'State' lists not only US states but
    >>> Canadian provinces and US offshore territories (Pacific islands)
    >>> I'm assuming that the magazine who's pre-arranged offer we jumped
    >>> on has at least a partial global circulation.

    >> Personal Computer World - a UK mag that is available in NZ (at a
    >> price) - their logo is shown on the initial registration page.
    >>
    >> Not that it matters.

    > I wonder if this is just another 30 day free trial.
    >
    > Here's an extract from that review mentioned earlier:
    >
    > "RE: Special Offer for Infopackets Readers
    >
    > Starting right now, (there was no date on the article) you can
    > download a free trial of Acronis True Image version 10. That's
    > right! Download it, try it out, and then decide if you want to buy
    > it. We're so sure that you'll love True Image that you'll want to
    > buy it right away. And for only $49.95, it truly is a steal!"
    >
    > I registered about 6 hours ago and so far nuffing

    I did it yesterday, and it all happened instantly (except the actual
    90+ Mb download).

    You get a registration key that, I believe, changes the trial from 15
    days fully functioning into a permanent fully functioning version
    (else I guess it would have locked down after 15 days - not sure on
    that one).

    I got TI-7 a few years ago in exactly the same way (PC Mag offer) and
    it has worked superbly all this time - never missed a beat or failed
    to save me!

    HTH,

    Alan, Feb 4, 2009
  17. joe_90

    Gordon Guest

    On 2009-02-03, ~misfit~ <> wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Cima wrote:
    >> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:36:29 +1300, Dave Doe <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article <gm95fn$s67$>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Let us know, I doubt it will. The personal versions certainly don't
    >>> run on server OS's - but that's par for the course.

    >> This review claims it'll work on 98, but it also says it's Vista
    >> compatible too. I wouldn't bet on it though ;-)
    >>
    >> http://www.infopackets.com/news/software/reviews/2007/20070522_acronis_true_image_10_review.htm
    >>

    >> This says: Platform : Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP
    >>
    >> http://www.pcauthority.com.au/Download/66834,acronis-true-image-10-home.aspx
    >>

    >> If you can build the bootable CD ISO with v10, you should be able to
    >> do 98 imaging.

    > Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet. Anna Paquin
    > is rather good in True Blood....

    And, in true life how is she?

    Gordon, Feb 4, 2009
  18. joe_90

    EMB Guest

    Alan wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I couldn't see an MD5 for the file anywhere on their site, so figure I'd
    > post mine here and see if you got the same one:
    >
    > 20e903563fff92f1fb7097159340d8cf

    20E903563FFF92F1FB7097159340D8CF

    So a match from my download.

    EMB, Feb 4, 2009
  19. joe_90

    EMB Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet.

    I'll burn you a copy of my download.

    EMB, Feb 4, 2009
  20. joe_90

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs EMB wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Handy to know, thanks. I've not downloaded the install file yet.

    > I'll burn you a copy of my download.

    Thanks, that'd be great. :)

    ~misfit~, Feb 4, 2009