    System, and everything else that makes it work) to CD's without the
    other Accounts which hog the space on the HD?

    Thanks in advance.

    nobody760, Oct 4, 2005

  2. nobody760

    John Guest

    On Tue, 4 Oct 2005 09:39:15 +0100, nobody760 wrote:

    > Is this possible to do in Acronis True Image Personal?
    >
    > I just want to image my Administrator's Account to CD's and not the
    > entire computer.
    >
    > There are three Accounts on the computer, the biggest by far is my
    > teenage sons cos he downloads loads of bang bang music!
    >
    > I am thinking of space here as I want an image on CDs in case the HD
    > fails and my Administrators Account is relatively small, but valuable.
    >
    > I think this is what I mean: can I image this computer (Operating
    > System, and everything else that makes it work) to CD's without the
    > other Accounts which hog the space on the HD?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

    Version 9 can exclude folders and files - previous versions imaged
    complete partitions or drives only.

    Ghost has been able to exclude folders and files for years.

    I've used Ghost, DriveImage, and TrueImage all with success -
    DriveImage and TrueImage easier to use for a new user. The new version
    of Ghost seems to be an updated version of DriveImage.

    Do a search for image software and look at the features. Other
    software may be cheaper and suit your requirements better.

    Forum that you might find useful if you decide on TrueImage.

    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?s=8a840b0d353f0d035115dd28aa3df381&f=65

    My recommendation would be to install an additional hard drive for
    back-up purposes rather than rely on CD's, that way you wouldn't have
    to worry about excluding folders or files.

    Regards,
    John

    John, Oct 4, 2005

  3. S Roby wrote:
    > Ive been wanting to backup/restore just one folder(Win)
    > Making a 'image' of selected folders isnt that hard, restoring just that
    > folder & leaving all others untouched is what has got me stumped, asuming that
    > Win is 'poked' & I have to use a DOS type bootdisk then restore that folder.
    > Ghost (2002??) bootdisk will only restote a whole partition.
    > The full Win Ghost will restore just selected Dirs, but Win must be working
    > to do this
    >
    > Ive been thinking about using bartPE do try this (somehow)

    Send me your passport address www.passport.com offline, I will nominate
    you for the Windows Vista technical beta, then you can try out the
    Microsoft XIMAGE tool, which comes as part of the Windows Automated
    Installation Kit (and works with XP)

    Cheers
    Nathan

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 5, 2005
  4. nobody760

    S Roby Guest

    S Roby, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > S Roby wrote:
    >
    >> Ive been wanting to backup/restore just one folder(Win)
    >> Making a 'image' of selected folders isnt that hard, restoring just
    >> that folder & leaving all others untouched is what has got me stumped,
    >> asuming that Win is 'poked' & I have to use a DOS type bootdisk then
    >> restore that folder.
    >> Ghost (2002??) bootdisk will only restote a whole partition.
    >> The full Win Ghost will restore just selected Dirs, but Win must be
    >> working to do this
    >>
    >> Ive been thinking about using bartPE do try this (somehow)

    > Send me your passport address www.passport.com offline, I will nominate
    > you for the Windows Vista technical beta, then you can try out the
    > Microsoft XIMAGE tool, which comes as part of the Windows Automated
    > Installation Kit (and works with XP)

    open to all?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site - redesign in progress