    a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or individual files
    from the CD ?
    Derek.
    Martin, Apr 28, 2006

  2. Martin

    beenthere Guest

    "Martin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD
    >and
    > booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
    > managed
    > to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
    > I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows XP.
    > It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on the
    > My Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message came up
    > saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to close. Is
    > this a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or individual
    > files from the CD ?
    > Derek.

    The wording of the error message is important D.
    Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Services and make sure the
    Acronis scheduler is running.
    beenthere, Apr 28, 2006

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    "beenthere" <> wrote in message

    > "Martin" <> wrote in message
    >>I have Acronis True Image ver 9.0 Build 2.2245. I created the rescue CD
    >>and
    >> booted from it and did a backup from my main HD to my second HD. I also
    >> managed
    >> to verify the back up after booting again from the rescue CD.
    >> I later tried to do a another back up by starting Acronis from Windows
    >> XP. It went to a panel with Source Files Selection but when I clicked on
    >> the My Computer icon to select the drive I wanted to back up a message
    >> came up saying that Truimage had encountered a problem and needed to
    >> close. Is this a known problem, will I always need to back up the HD or
    >> individual files from the CD ?
    >> Derek.
    >>

    > The wording of the error message is important D.
    > Rt\click My Computer\Manage\Services and make sure the
    > Acronis scheduler is running.

    It showed as Started - Automatic.
    Derek.
    Martin, Apr 29, 2006
  4. Martin

    old man Guest

    It works fine for me, I would suspect something else. Try here
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65

    old man, Apr 29, 2006