acrobat reader/ yahoo toolbar; foxit pdf reader

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by akiwi, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. akiwi

    akiwi Guest

    Anyone using acrobat reader V7?

    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html

    Anyone using the integrated yahoo toolbar that optionally comes with
    it? If so, does it have any undesirable side-effects like spyware
    related problems? Can the yahoo toolbar be uninstalled?

    Anyone using the alternative reader?
    http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

    Anyone noticed how poor the search capability is in Acrobat reader?
    My opinion is that Adobe have deliberately kept the search
    functionality to a minimum in the past with the aim of selling more
    copies of Acrobat Professional which allows pdf creators to embed
    better search capability in their documents. That's the problem with
    monopolies. Unfortunately most people seem to think Adobe are kind
    and generous for giving away Acrobat reader for free.

    akiwi

    akiwi, Mar 27, 2005

  2. akiwi

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 12:25:27 +1200, akiwi wrote:

    > Anyone using acrobat reader V7?

    No doubt there are users.

    > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html
    >
    > Anyone using the integrated yahoo toolbar that optionally comes with
    > it? If so, does it have any undesirable side-effects like spyware
    > related problems? Can the yahoo toolbar be uninstalled?

    Do you trust Adobe? Do you trust Yahoo?

    Do you want to use V7 or wait and see what maybe hidden by the dust?

    > Anyone using the alternative reader?

    Whoa! slight correction, an rather than the, or the alternative reader for
    MSW platform.

    Gordon, Mar 28, 2005