ACROBAT READER X THUMBNAILS IN WINDOWS EXPLORER

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Richard, Dec 10, 2011.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    OS = Windows 7, Professional 64bit, SP1
    Acrobat Reader X (32bit?) AcroRd32.exe

    I don't think that there is a 64-bit Acrobat Reader.

    In Windows Explorer instead of getting a regular thumbnail of the first page
    of the pdf file, I get the generic Acrobat PDF icon. What do I have to do to
    get file thumbnails?

    What I already tried.

    1. Changing the pdf file association to notepad and than back to Acrobat
    Reader.
    2. Using Disk Cleanup, delete the Thumbnail Cache.
    3. Repairing Acrobat Reader X.
    4. Uninstalling and than reinstalling Acrobat Reader X.

    I don't remember if this problem started showing up with AR X or if it
    existed with earlier version. Maybe I need to go back to AR 9.

    Any help, greatly appreciated.
    --
    Richard
    Richard, Dec 10, 2011