Acrobat Reader 7 Out...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 21, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Aspiringpsychopath

    JedMeister Guest

    JedMeister, Dec 21, 2004
  5. Aspiringpsychopath

    JedMeister Guest

    JedMeister, Dec 21, 2004
  6. In article <>, Aspiringpsychopath <> wrote:
    >Yes is Fast

    Couldn't be slower than 6 :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 21, 2004
  7. In article <>, Aspiringpsychopath <> wrote:
    >Yes is Fast

    Couldn't be slower than 6 :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 21, 2004
  8. JedMeister wrote:
    >>http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe

    > Why is it 20mb just for a reader?

    From a quick look around its install directory...

    v6 is 43MB installed
    v7 is 95MB installed

    extras in the v7 folder are "activex"(492kb) and "setup files"(32MB)

    The setup files I actually commend them on, as often the network
    resource where it was installed from isn't availible anymore, and
    re-downloading it is a PITA.

    > I hate adobe software, it has degraded to
    > malware status in my opinion.

    Unfortunately a PDF reader is a necessity in my job, and Adobe seems to
    be the only one that makes every one of them look correct... although
    thats probably because adobe software was used to make them.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 21, 2004
  9. JedMeister wrote:
    >>http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe

    > Why is it 20mb just for a reader?

    From a quick look around its install directory...

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 21, 2004
  10. Aspiringpsychopath

    Digin C Guest

    Digin C, Dec 21, 2004
  11. Aspiringpsychopath

    Digin C Guest

    Digin C, Dec 21, 2004
  12. Aspiringpsychopath

    Mackin Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Aspiringpsychopath <> wrote:
    >>Yes is Fast

    > Couldn't be slower than 6 :)
    >
    > Bruce

    > It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to
    > think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone´s fault.
    > If it was Us, what did that make Me ? After all, I´m one of Us. I must be.
    > I´ve certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No-one ever thinks
    > of themselves as one of Them. We´re always one of Us. It´s Them that do
    > the bad things. <=> Terry Pratchett. Jingo.
    >
    > Caution ===== followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    > (if there were any)

    For a good program to speed up Acrobat Reader go here:
    http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/
    and download Adobe Reader SpeedUp. Works really well.

    Mackin.

    Mackin, Dec 21, 2004
  13. Aspiringpsychopath

    Mackin Guest

    Mackin, Dec 21, 2004
  14. On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:10:04 +1300, "JedMeister"
    <> wrote:

    >"Aspiringpsychopath" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Yes is Fast
    >>

    >> Direct Dnload link
    >>

    >> http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeRdr70_enu_full.exe
    >>

    >Why is it 20mb just for a reader? I hate adobe software, it has degraded to
    >malware status in my opinion.

    Bollocks, is you that is Malware..

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 21, 2004
  15. On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 12:10:04 +1300, "JedMeister"

    Aspiringpsychopath, Dec 21, 2004
  16. Mackin wrote:
    >>>Yes is Fast

    >>Couldn't be slower than 6 :)

    > For a good program to speed up Acrobat Reader go here:
    > http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/
    > and download Adobe Reader SpeedUp. Works really well.

    heh, or you can just re-name the plugins directory... most if not all
    are unneeded.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 22, 2004

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 22, 2004
  18. In article <qp2yd.284$>, Mackin <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> Aspiringpsychopath <> wrote:
    >>>Yes is Fast

    >> Couldn't be slower than 6 :)

    >For a good program to speed up Acrobat Reader go here:
    >http://www.tnk-bootblock.co.uk/prods/misc/
    >and download Adobe Reader SpeedUp. Works really well.

    Thanks anyway ...but the chances are good that, if it's a new release,
    we'll get 7 soon. At home it isn't a problem. Linux has some good readers :)

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 22, 2004

    Bruce Sinclair, Dec 22, 2004
  20. Aspiringpsychopath

    Mr Scebe Guest

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in message

    > Why is it 20mb just for a reader? I hate adobe software, it has degraded

    > malware status in my opinion.

    Downloaded in 2 mins, who cares? ;)

    --
    Mr Scebe