  1. can anyone offer any assistance? acrobat pro works fine in winxp but just
    installed it on new win64 and i cant use it. when it trys to install printer
    fails. any ideas? or know of any pdf creators that do work in win64?
    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bA==?=, Nov 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bA==?=

    kirbalo Guest

    "paul" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > can anyone offer any assistance? acrobat pro works fine in winxp but just
    > installed it on new win64 and i cant use it. when it trys to install
    > printer
    > fails. any ideas? or know of any pdf creators that do work in win64?

    Take a gander here for 32 bit apps in 64 bit XP...

    http://www.3dvelocity.com/articles/win64compatibility/win64softlist.htm
    kirbalo, Nov 5, 2005

  3. You don't need the Adobe PDF printer to make PDFs. It's just a convenience.
    I print to one of the Scxitex models offered in the add printer setup.
    Actually most any postscript printer will do. Set it up to print to file,
    rather than a printer port. Set up a watched folder in Distiller (C:\IN eg.)
    and make a corresponding OUT folder. Then all you need to do is print to the
    IN folder, and whenerver Distiller is running it will automatically distill
    the PS file and dump it into the OUT folder and then delete the PS file.

    Now why Adobe is so stubborn about 64 bit development is another story.
    Perhaps, because the workaround is simple, there's no reason to divert
    whatever minimal resources of theirs to come up with one...;-)

    Dennis Gordon, Nov 5, 2005
  4. Here is a work around for the print driver issue:
    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=5454
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Nov 5, 2005
  5. thanks :)

    =?Utf-8?B?cGF1bA==?=, Nov 24, 2005