Acrobat 8 Pro ... OCR crashing

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BobTheBowler, Aug 1, 2007.

  1. BobTheBowler

    BobTheBowler Guest

    A friend was demonstrating Acrobat 8 Pro.
    Used OCR for 3 or 4 single pages and it did very well, but the next
    page caused the software to crash the PC.

    He says this happens all the time, and he is unable to use it for
    more a whole document ("batch mode") of more than 10 pages.

    He thinks he has either installed Acrobat incorrectly, or his
    configuration is inadequate.

    AMD Athlon XP 1800 1.53 Ghz processor, with 1GB RAM.
    Windows XP Pro with SP2.
    Maxtor HD 80GB, with 50GB free space.
    NVIDIA Quatro 4 900 XGL.

    Is there any solution to his problems ?

    BobTheBowler, Aug 1, 2007

  2. BobTheBowler

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:56:35 +0100, BobTheBowler
    <> wrote:

    >A friend was demonstrating Acrobat 8 Pro.
    >Used OCR for 3 or 4 single pages and it did very well, but the next
    >page caused the software to crash the PC.
    >
    >He says this happens all the time, and he is unable to use it for
    >more a whole document ("batch mode") of more than 10 pages.
    >
    >He thinks he has either installed Acrobat incorrectly, or his
    >configuration is inadequate.
    >

    >AMD Athlon XP 1800 1.53 Ghz processor, with 1GB RAM.
    >Windows XP Pro with SP2.
    >Maxtor HD 80GB, with 50GB free space.
    >NVIDIA Quatro 4 900 XGL.
    >

    >Is there any solution to his problems ?

    First, have him reinstall Adobe 8.

    Second, check the clock on your computer.

    Evan Platt, Aug 1, 2007

  3. BobTheBowler

    meerkat Guest

    "BobTheBowler" <> wrote in message
    >A friend was demonstrating Acrobat 8 Pro.
    > Used OCR for 3 or 4 single pages and it did very well, but the next
    > page caused the software to crash the PC.

    Tell him to check the
    Event Viewer for errors, that might narrow down the problem.

    meerkat, Aug 1, 2007
  4. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 10:56:35 +0100, BobTheBowler
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>A friend was demonstrating Acrobat 8 Pro.
    >>Used OCR for 3 or 4 single pages and it did very well, but the next
    >>page caused the software to crash the PC.
    >>
    >>He says this happens all the time, and he is unable to use it for
    >>more a whole document ("batch mode") of more than 10 pages.
    >>
    >>He thinks he has either installed Acrobat incorrectly, or his
    >>configuration is inadequate.
    >>

    >>AMD Athlon XP 1800 1.53 Ghz processor, with 1GB RAM.
    >>Windows XP Pro with SP2.
    >>Maxtor HD 80GB, with 50GB free space.
    >>NVIDIA Quatro 4 900 XGL.
    >>

    >>Is there any solution to his problems ?

    > First, have him reinstall Adobe 8.
    >
    > Second, check the clock on your computer.

    I don't know about him, but mine says "1:52". :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 1, 2007