    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, May 9, 2005

  2. From Kevin Lowe:
    I don't know about Image Writer, but I know PDF Maker is implemented as a
    printer driver. Drivers from the 32-bit version won't work on the 64-bit
    version.

    I'd assume MS will have these growing pains sorted out in short order. As
    for Adobe, my advice would be to e-mail their support department asking when
    a 64-bit-compatible version will be made available.

    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 9, 2005

  3. Andre Da Costa wrote:

    > I don't know about Image Writer, but I know PDF Maker is
    > implemented as a printer driver.

    PDF Maker is an older and not very popular PDF printer.
    From Acrobat 6 and forward it's called Adobe PDF Printer.

    > As for Adobe, my advice would be to e-mail their support
    > department asking when a 64-bit-compatible version will be
    > made available.

    Good advice. I'll try that.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, May 9, 2005
  4. Gilles Vollant wrote:

    > The only solution I known to print to PDF under Windows 64
    > bits is 64 bits RedMon and Ghotscript (32 or 64 bits)

    Ok. Thanks for the links.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, May 9, 2005
  5. Thomas G. Madsen

    Matt Guest

    >PDF Maker is an older and not very popular PDF printer.
    >From Acrobat 6 and forward it's called Adobe PDF Printer.

    You're thinking of PDF Writer. PDF Maker is the MS Office compatible feature
    that offers additional options when creating a PDF, such as inserting
    bookmarks into a PDF file using the heading styles found in a Word document.
    PDF Writer was eliminated after version 5 of Acrobat.
    Matt, May 9, 2005
  6. Matt wrote:

    > You're thinking of PDF Writer.

    You're right. I was thinking of the PDF Writer and not the
    PDF Maker.

    > PDF Maker is the MS Office compatible feature that offers
    > additional options when creating a PDF, such as inserting
    > bookmarks into a PDF file using the heading styles found in a
    > Word document.

    Yes, but the PDF Maker found in Office apps. when Acrobat is
    installed, goes through the Adobe PDF printer. If I click on
    the 'Convert to Adobe PDF' button in Word 2003 SP1 here on
    WinXP 64-bit Edition, I get this message:
    <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/winxp64/acrobat7pro/pdfmaker.png>.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen
    Thomas G. Madsen, May 9, 2005
  7. And you definitely need 64 bit drivers for that.

    Andre Da Costa, May 9, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa wrote:

    > And you definitely need 64 bit drivers for that.

    Yep.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen