    I got a new X64 system and had read somewhere that printer drivers software
    based do not get installed. I triedmyself and it doesnt install. Can someone
    help me out pls asap? I tried Microsoft tech support and they wont help.
    =?Utf-8?B?SmltSVQ=?=, Jun 24, 2005

  2. It will not work until Adobe release a new x64 64-bit driver.
    Contact them for their statement on the dates or plans for this.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 24, 2005

  3. Thanks Andre . I called up Adobe and the support guy told me , download trial
    version ,if it works it works else it wont work , so I guess they havent
    informed their staff to handle this question.
    I know some one had written a beta version to run 32 bit shells. Guess that
    also didnt help me out . Any suggestions ?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltSVQ=?=, Jun 24, 2005
  4. JimIT <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > I got a new X64 system and had read somewhere that printer drivers
    > software based do not get installed. I triedmyself and it doesnt
    > install. Can someone help me out pls asap? I tried Microsoft tech
    > support and they wont help.

    Adobe Acrobat 6 and 7 are working fine, the printer driver doesn't work, but
    there is a workaround, I posted it a few weeks ago but I can't put my hands
    on it, shame.
    As soon as I find it, I'll come back to you.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 24, 2005
  5. Christian Hougardy <> wrote:
    > JimIT <> wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I got a new X64 system and had read somewhere that printer drivers
    >> software based do not get installed. I triedmyself and it doesnt
    >> install. Can someone help me out pls asap? I tried Microsoft tech
    >> support and they wont help.

    > Adobe Acrobat 6 and 7 are working fine, the printer driver doesn't
    > work, but there is a workaround, I posted it a few weeks ago but I
    > can't put my hands on it, shame.
    > As soon as I find it, I'll come back to you.
    >
    > Cheers

    Well, quick isn't it ?
    here we go, thanks to my colleague french MVP Gilles Vollant and
    plantedAMD64

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=5454

    Cheers

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 24, 2005