    If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
    The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 13, 2006

  2. In article <>,
    Brian A <> writes:
    > I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.

    Are these just one ring?
    If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
    too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
    This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
    night.

    The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.

    --
    Andrew Gabriel
    Andrew Gabriel, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On 13 Jan 2006 14:11:54 GMT, (Andrew
    Gabriel) wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > Brian A <> writes:
    >> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.

    >Are these just one ring?
    >If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
    >too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
    >This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
    >night.
    >
    >The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.

    No landline connected but I did recently enable it - now disabled so
    we'll see what happens now. Short rings timed at
    2.56
    3.47
    4.56
    5.57
    The regularity looks like something automated. It could well be an ATA
    fault. I will try updating the software anyway.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 13, 2006
  4. Brian A

    Jono Guest

    "Andrew Gabriel" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > Brian A <> writes:
    >> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night.

    > Are these just one ring?
    > If so, I think you have the problem of the SPA-3000 responding rather
    > too quickly to a line reversal which never actually turns into a call.
    > This is used a part of the BT line testing, which happens mainly at
    > night.
    >
    > The latest SPA-3000 firmware fixes this problem.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Gabriel

    Thanks for that! Once a week at 4am, all phones ring - Right PITA.
    Jono, Jan 13, 2006
  5. Brian A

    Alan Ramsay Guest

    Brian A wrote:
    > Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
    > or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
    > I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
    > dialling *77 to no avail.
    > I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
    > prefer not to switch off the phone.
    > If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
    > The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the User1 tab,
    there is an option "Block ANC setting" - setting this to YES on the
    SPA-2002 stops any withheld calls; it sends a reject message out during
    the SIP negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise and
    forward the call to your not available destination (usually voicemail)
    (Well, at least Gradwell recognise this).

    What would be really nice is if the VOIP provider recognised the "406
    Unaceptable" response and allow you to forward these to another
    destination (such as an alternate VM greeting asking the caller to call
    back without withholding their number).

    Regards

    Alan
    Alan Ramsay, Jan 13, 2006
  6. Brian A

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alan Ramsay" <>
    wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the
    > User1 tab, there is an option "Block ANC setting" -
    > setting this to YES on the SPA-2002 stops any withheld
    > calls; it sends a reject message out during the SIP
    > negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise
    > and forward the call to your not available destination
    > (usually voicemail) (Well, at least Gradwell recognise
    > this).

    I just tried that on my SPA-2000 (on Sipgate) and got "The number you have
    called has not been recognised" from my Telewest line. The SPA still rang
    the connected phone though..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jan 13, 2006
  7. Brian A

    Alan Ramsay Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Alan Ramsay" <>
    > wrote in message
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    >> Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the
    >> User1 tab, there is an option "Block ANC setting" -
    >> setting this to YES on the SPA-2002 stops any withheld
    >> calls; it sends a reject message out during the SIP
    >> negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise
    >> and forward the call to your not available destination
    >> (usually voicemail) (Well, at least Gradwell recognise
    >> this).

    > I just tried that on my SPA-2000 (on Sipgate) and got "The number you have
    > called has not been recognised" from my Telewest line. The SPA still rang
    > the connected phone though..!
    >
    > Ivor

    Not sure if it's the SPA 2002 or the way in which Gradwell handles the
    406 response code; but it works "sweet as a nut" with them; it could
    perhaps be worth asking SIPGATE how they handle the 406 response code
    and see if they can do anything with it.

    I'll certainly be asking Gradwell if they can provide an option when
    they get the "406 unacceptable" to divert to an alternate number - if
    Peter is reading this, perhaps he could comment.

    Here's an extract of the SPA-2002 log so that you can see how it works -
    I've obviously removed any identifiable parts from it:

    [0:5060]<<193.111.xxx.yy:5082
    SIP/2.0 200 OK
    To: Main <sip::5060>;tag=2c81a967
    From: Main <sip::5060>;tag=2495c6383503623bo0
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.x.xxx:5060;branch=z9hG4bK-ec0a98d9
    Call-ID: f0fde5ec-efc8a617@192.168.x.xxx
    CSeq: 349 REGISTER
    Contact: Main <sip:202xxxx@192.168.x.xxx:5060>;expires=25

    [0]RegOK. NextReg in 24 (1)
    RSE_DEBUG: unref domain, nat.gradwell.net
    RSE_DEBUG: last unref for domain nat.gradwell.net
    [0:5060]<<193.111.xxx.yy:5082
    INVITE sip:202xxxx@82.37.xxx.xxx:5060 SIP/2.0
    To: <sip:D8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@193.111.xxx.yy:5082>
    From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=0750e731
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
    193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
    Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
    CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
    Contact: <sip:FKmjC1ZwbaN_7Rh7Na4sAnEuUcaozo.@193.111.xxx.yy:5082>
    Max-Forwards: 70
    Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER
    Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:53:52 GMT

    [0:5060]->193.111.xxx.yy:5082
    SIP/2.0 100 Trying
    To: <sip:D8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@193.111.xxx.yy:5082>
    From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=0750e731
    Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
    CSeq: 348760171 INVITE
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
    193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
    Server: Sipura/SPA2002-3.1.5

    *********************THIS IS WHERE THE 406 RESPONSE HAPPENS *********
    [0:5060]->193.111.xxx.yy:5082
    SIP/2.0 406 Not Acceptable
    <sip:D8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@193.111.xxx.yy:5082>;tag=1aadcfbce29d4687i0
    From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=0750e731

    ACK sip:202xxxx@82.37.xxx.xxx:5060 SIP/2.0
    <sip:D8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@193.111.xxx.yy:5082>;tag=1aadcfbce29d4687i0
    From: "anonymous"<sip:213xxxxxxx@193.111.xxx.xx>;tag=0750e731
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
    193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b3e750402b4ddd5d8d63-1-cHBiM2U2ZmEwNTg3MWY2NTczYjE5NA..-d87543-
    Call-ID: e2f0cf1470c4646bd4227b383224541d
    CSeq: 348760171 ACK

    [0:5060]<<193.111.xxx.yy:5082
    NOTIFY sip:202xxxx@82.37.xxx.xxx:5060 SIP/2.0
    To: <sip:D8PErPHUJvi_6Uwa5Qe8SxmjNy3FjaeHCke4HUZfbM.@193.111.xxx.yy:5082>
    From: <sip:*>;tag=410b5119
    Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
    193.111.xxx.yy:5082;branch=z9hG4bK-d87543-b077f22b81e0ae24ff77-1--d87543-
    Call-ID: 2b0cc208d6cd230df00badcbe57ab3f5
    CSeq: 1 NOTIFY
    Contact: *
    Max-Forwards: 70

    Messages-Waiting: yes
    Voicemail: 1/0
    [0]MWI 1 1/0
    Alan Ramsay, Jan 13, 2006
  8. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 19:15:15 GMT, Alan Ramsay
    <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> Would I be right in saying that ACR has to work via the voip operator
    >> or can I set my SPA-3000 to do it?
    >> I have tried mucking about with various settings on the SPA-3000 and
    >> dialling *77 to no avail.
    >> I got 4 'withheld' calls during the night. I have a sick mother so I
    >> prefer not to switch off the phone.
    >> If it is possible to set it up on the ATA how do I do that?
    >> The Sipura Guide hasn't helped.
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >Not sure about the SPA-3000, but in the SPA-2002, on the User1 tab,
    >there is an option "Block ANC setting" - setting this to YES on the
    >SPA-2002 stops any withheld calls; it sends a reject message out during
    >the SIP negotiations which your VOIP provider should recognise and
    >forward the call to your not available destination (usually voicemail)
    >(Well, at least Gradwell recognise this).
    >
    >What would be really nice is if the VOIP provider recognised the "406
    >Unaceptable" response and allow you to forward these to another
    >destination (such as an alternate VM greeting asking the caller to call
    >back without withholding their number).

    I had tried the 'Block ANC setting' before with no luck. Now I think
    I know why. If I call from either my Orange or BT mobile to my voip
    line, preceeding the number with 141, to block my number, the CLI
    still displays on the voip line. As a check, if I call from my BT
    mobile to my Orange mobile and block the CLI it shows as a 'private
    number'. Hence, my voip line picks up the blocked CLI whereas the
    Orange mobile does not.
    Then I asked a friend with a BT line to bloack his number with 141 and
    to call me. His number came through unblocked.
    I conclude:-
    1. The 'withheld' calls I have been receiving are, indeed, the fault
    of the ATA and not real calls at all.
    2. I can see the callers CLI even if it is blocked.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Jan 13, 2006