    fine. How do i make the windows wireless zero obtain an IP when WEP is
    enabled?
    And why does it work without WEP and not with?

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gVGF5bG9y?=, Oct 10, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gVGF5bG9y?=

    Lance Guest

    This sounds exactly as if WEP is not configured properly.

    Are both "ends" of the wireless connection set exactly the same (WEP
    enabled, WEP-type (64-bit or 128-bit), transmitted key (1,2,3, or 4),
    Key value or pass phrase).

    If you are using wireless zero configuration, remove any software
    supplied with the network card. You need one or the other, but not both.

    Lance
    *****

    Lance, Oct 10, 2004

  3. Both sides are set to 128-bit, with a key value of 1

    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gVGF5bG9y?=, Oct 10, 2004
  4. This is a common problem after installing Windows XP Service Pack 2. The
    only reliable way to get this to work is disable wireless zero configuration
    and use the network card software.

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Eales, Oct 11, 2004