acpitabl.dat

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by guardianali, Apr 9, 2006.

  1. guardianali

    guardianali Guest

    I have a serial ata harddrive on my new AMD x2 computer I built.
    I made 3 partitions on it, a xp32, xp64 and a storage drives.

    I installed xp32 and seemed ok..then i installed xp64 (the order you
    suppose to) and it worked. I have used xp64 for a week now getting i
    all nice and configured with my fav programs etc. and finally decide
    to go into and get my xp32 all nice. But when i choose the xp32 OS fro
    the dual boot menu, the WindowsXP loading screen starts briefly and the
    i get a blue screen of death.
    When i try and go into safemode, it shows that when it gets t
    acpitabl.dat is when it crashes

    I goggled and read about the problem and most involve reinstalling XP
    But since i have access to the xp32 partition and files via my workin
    xp64 OS, is there a way to fix it?

    Thank

    --
    guardianal
    guardianali's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=195
    guardianali, Apr 9, 2006

  2. You could try running SFC /scannow from the Command Prompt in safe mode and
    see if it ask for the XP Pro x64 media to repair the missing file.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "guardianali" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 10, 2006

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=

    Bootup stops at acpitabl.dat

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9leSBU?=, May 9, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    rmohanj
    Nov 26, 2007
  2. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]

    READ THIS: acpitabl.dat issues?

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 5, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Jun 18, 2005
  3. =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=

    Boot process stops at acpitabl.dat

    =?Utf-8?B?QW50aG9ueQ==?=, Jul 5, 2005, in forum: Windows 64bit